Chapter 15: The Terrible Truth

"It's time...I tell you about everything. There is no use in hiding it any longer," Scratch said as he looked at me. My eyes widened, and I looked at him with a bit of surprise. Yes, that was right..He told me that he would tell me all about everything when we had got back...And there we were.

"Ah, yes..." I replied. He nodded. 

"Well then, let's discuss it in your room then, shall we? Let's go~" He said as he began walking to my room. I followed. When we arrived, he closed the door and sat on the bed. He patted next to him. "Come now, have a seat~" I nodded nervously and went and sat next to him. He looked down.

"Now...As you know...I work here, and I have been here for a while. You already know that I am quite strange and messed up, but you don't know why~ And since you seem to want to know so bad, I guess I will tell you," He said as he looked up. I waited for what he had to say.

"There was a time...When I wasn't here. When this place didn't even exist. I was a junior high student, in my seventh grade year.  I was normal. I acted somewhat like other people, unlike how I am now." He stroked his knife and smiled. "I had a few friends, I even had someone who had a crush on me. I got good grades and I lived a fairly normal life. Though I didn't talk much, everyone saw me as the kind, quiet boy. Though I acted quiet around others, around my best friend, I acted quite like a fool and I talked quite a bit. I was still kind, but annoying, but he liked me that way. I didn't like to show my true self around others, so I was silent around them. Anyways, moving onto the interesting stuff. Where it all began.." He looked down.

"I never really talked to my father, and our bond wasn't strong, either. I didn't know much about him. However, one day...It was different. He called me up to his office room. He did something to me....Something I never would have imagined that would ever happen...He forced a needle into my vain...He had given me a special drug....That caused my mind to go out of control...And it made me kill my mother." I looked over at Scratch with a shocked expression.

"Y..you....Killed....Your mother...?"

"Yes. The drug made me suddenly go insane, and I killed her. However, those were my fathers intentions..He wanted me to kill her." My eyes went wide.

"What? Why would he....Want his own wife dead...?" I asked, confused.

"I...Later had learned that he was working on a big project. To create a drug that would drive people crazy..So he could force them to kill people. Manipulate them. And brainwash them..."

"B....But why?"

"Because...He wanted to create that drug so he could do that to other people, to. He created this fake school....And he lured special children in..So he could use the drug on them, and forced them to do things like kill certain people, steal things from organizations...Just as you were told. And he gets money for all of it."

I paused.

"Wait...Y-you don't mean..."

"That's right. My father is none other than the principle."

"W...what..."

"That's not all, though. Before the school was made and all that, eventually after I killed my mother, my father cleaned up the evidence and burned the body.....However. One tiny trace of her DNA was found on my clothes...A drop of her blood. After that, I was taken under investigation, but since they weren't able to find actual proof that I had killed her, I was let go. The news got out and eventually rumors spread around my school...And everyone had believed that I killed my mother. Everyone stopped talking to me besides my best friend. From then on, people avoided me and whispered whenever they saw me. However....The drug that my father gave me...It wasn't enough." Scratch stared at his knife.