Chapter 12: Bullets

Scratch took the keys and went up to the door. Trying to pull myself together and not think about what happened, I followed him to the door.

"I Would have picked this lock with my knife, but unfortunately this door lock is different and is made so that it can't be picked," He said while using the keys to unlock the door. I looked back at the corpse. Blood was still leaking from it, and it was almost completely surrounded by a pool of blood. That man had a ring on his ring finger. That man had a wife waiting for him at home, and probably children. I felt terrible and disgusted. Sadly it was already to late, and there was nothing I could do. 

Scratch unlocked the door and opened it. We both slowly and carefully went inside the building. I looked around. No one seemed to be in the hallways. "Hmm, they probably are all in their offices at the moment. How lucky of us~" Scratch turned around and looked at me. "The documents are placed in one of the offices on one of the top floors. Lets look for an elevator," Scratch said while walking down the hall. I followed him, and eventually we came upon an elevator. 

We realized that the elevator was currently in use. "Oh my, that's not good. What if someone is coming down here using the elevator? We can't have anyone seeing us, now can we?"

Just as Scratch said, the elevator suddenly stopped and opened the door. A man was in it, and he looked at us strangely.

"Hey, you young teens aren't supposed to be in a place like thi-" Before the man was able to finish his sentence, Scratch kicked the man in the chest and hit him in the head. The man fell on the floor, unconscious.

I ran up to Scratch in a panic.

"Scratch...P-please stop hurting people..! This is just terrible.." He looked over at me.

"Hm? What else am I supposed to do, then? At least I didn't kill this one."

"M-maybe you could talk it out with them somehow..."

"Do you not remember what happened? I kindly asked that man for his keys and then he said he was going to take us in and make us answer questions. So I had to use violence. I had to kill him. He put me, and you in danger. Though I myself wasn't in much danger because I could have easily killed him from the moment I saw him. You think we can trust these people? They're our enemy," He replied. I looked down. "Anyways, lets use the elevator, now."

He and I walked into the elevator, and he pressed one of the buttons to bring us to one of the top floors. When the elevator started, I jumped a little bit and quickly took hold of the bars and held on tight.

"Oh? Do elevators scare you, Paige~?" Scratch asked with a smile. I looked to the side.

"N-no..." He laughed.

"There's no use in hiding it, it's already quite obvious~" After a few minutes of waiting, the elevator stopped, and the doors opened. Me and Scratch walked out. "Alright, this is the floor where the documents are. If I remember right, they are kept in room A31. Lets go."

Me and Scratch quietly and carefully walked to the room. "It's locked so I will just use the key I got earlier," He said while putting the key in the keyhole. He tuned it and the door slowly opened. We both walked in, quietly. 

"So the documents are in here?" I asked. Scratch nodded.

"Yes, somewhere in here. I'm guessing its locked in a safe or something-" As Scratch was about to finish his sentence, we suddenly herd footsteps. Coming closer and closer by each step. Scratch quickly grabbed my arm and yanked me over to the desk, and we both crouched down, hiding behind it. 

"Is someone here-" Scratch put his hand over my mouth as I was talking. Suddenly someone walked into the room. We both went completely silent.

"What? Why is the door open? Was someone in here?!" The voice of an unknown man said, panicking. "No one is supposed to come in here. I have given strict orders to everyone to not come in here without my permission!" He yelled.