20 Treasure

A/N: I just realized this chapter is longer than usual. About 2400 words. However, I hope you enjoy this long read!

When Maeyune stood inside the doorway to her team's room, Meera was the first to address her near-half-naked appearance

"Um, Mae," the water celestial murmured, brows raised. "You don't have a shirt on."

Maeyune casually glanced down at the black, cropped garment that fit snug around her chest. Its thickness provided adequate support, and its short length exposed the entirety of her toned stomach. Although she generally wore it underneath a shirt, it was an article of clothing that could be worn without a covering. And she had felt some mild urge that morning to wear it as such.

Besides, the training rooms had a tendency to get hot.

Maeyune shrugged. She had also decided to leave her hair down, which was out of the norm.

"Is that a problem?" she asked.

They all shook their heads.

"No, not at all," Trix answered, a crooked grin manifesting his approval. "It goes very nicely with your...slimming pants."

Maeyune offered a thoughtful look before she turned, missing the excited expression that transferred between Meera and Trix.

She should have expected the same reaction in the training room. Both male and female students blew out long whistles as she entered, and her inquisitive stare forced them to feign innocence.

She removed her boots before she joined her students on the training mat. As she waited for them to complete their stretches, she watched as a blonde head sauntered over to her side.

"You look nice today," Jaysek commented, a warm smile shaping his face.

She had been right. It was hot in the training room.

"Thank you," she said. It sounded a little too chirpy for her liking.

"What's the plan for today?" he inquired. He appeared distracted, his blue eyes traveling down her body, measuring.

She cleared her throat, and his eyes snapped back up. "Focus," she replied coolly, the lump in her throat threatening to choke her. "The plan for today is focus."

As Jaysek assumed his usual position - directly in front of her - she began the slow meditation movements that the moon temple guardians had instructed. A few stances later, she caught sight of Reo entering the training room with Sera and Oren behind him. She turned away, reluctant to see him.

After correcting a few celestials on their forms, her concentration broke when she found Reo at the end of the training mat. He stood with his arms crossed, openly staring. She averted her gaze, pondering the strange expression she had seen on his face.