Chapter 4 Girl talk and a plan.

A/N: This chapter I'm giving a shout out to SheriffSquinty. Her book My Dark Knight was one of the first I read on WP. The main characters have good depth and it has several nice twists in it. Itis definitely one to read when you get a chance.

As always Vote, Comment and thank you for reading.

Edited by BizarreSmalls

Chapter 4 Girl talk and a plan.

I jog down the cobblestone street, back to where Bao and I started.He kissed me. 'It was on the top of your head, calm down,' snap's my pragmatic side. But I wanted to kiss him. I haven't felt that way towards a guy since... Dark images and screaming flashes fly through my head. 'Stop it right now,' and the doorway to those dark thoughts slam shut. Focus Ali, lives are on the line right now. Like he said, we can figure the rest out when we make it some where safe.

I force myself to pay attention to my surroundings and can barely hear Sky's feet as they hit the slate shingles of the rooftops. We reach the building in a little over ten minutes. I stop in front ofthe building, panting lightly. I whistle at Sky to get her attention.She has to back track because she went to far.

I point at the door and she nods, then hops off the roof. As she nears the ground, the ends of my coat snap from the wind coming off her. She lands with a grunt and stumbles. I grab her arm to steady her.

"Note to self: Call wind before less than ten feet to the ground."

She smiles then winces as she takes her first step. I open the door.I run my hand over the wall till I find the light switch and flip it on. Sky jumps at the sudden light, then hits me lightly on the arm.

"Make a girl piss herself, why don't ya." She tease's, grinning at me like a loon.

"Sorry. I thought you were a tough chick?" I tease her back witha small smile and blushing a little.

"Only in front of guys do I act like that. It's just us girls here and I'm freaking out right now." Her voice wavers a little.

"You and me both." I say softly.

"Really, I thought all that before we left was just a little sexual tension."

Sky is grinning wickedly. I cough and turn away and head for the stairs to hide my face from her; I can only guess how red it is. I put my weapons away and lead her up stairs and into the storage room, trying to figure out what to say. Sky beats me to it.

"Are you his girl or are you still on the market?" Her back is to me as she flips through the racks of dresses, looking for some that we can cannibalize for Miranda.

"We're not together yet. There's something there, I just don't know what." I started to pick through what she had said. Wait a minute."You asked if I was on the market, not Bao." She looks over her shoulder at me.