chapter 9

as i slept i had a horrible dream.

i was walking through the forest on my way back to the capital when a strange man came out of the shadows, he wore a black cape that shielded his face from the light of the sun, "who are you?" i asked cooly.

something about the man was strange, he didnt seem human, he staggered closer. i felt a cold chill run up my spine, i didnt know why i was so afraid, but all i felt was pure fear. if i wasn't frozen in my footsteps i would have run.

"who are you?" i managed to mutter through clenched teeth he outstretched his hand toward me. "st...stay away." i took a staggered step backward, "you wouldn't believe me if i told you." a deep voice echoed. his voice made every hair on my head stand up.

"i dont like how thing are playing out in this game, so im going to disrupt the main character, i wonder what will happen in this world when the mighty Ragon loses her way?" he laughed, by now his hand was inches from my face.

i couldnt breath, "dont worry it wont hurt a bit." he smiled i could see his sharp teeth from beneath his crooked grin, but it wasn't his teeth that scared me it was his eyes, they ever a haunting yellow. his cold hand rested on my forehead.

"just forget." he smiled

"raven wake up!" alex's worried voice made my eyes shoot open, "are you ok?" he asked as i sat up. my whole body was shaking, a cold sweat covered my forehead, "what was that?" i wondered to  myself "raven?!" he insisted.

"im fine alex, it was just a bad dream." i said as calmly as i could, "are you sure?" he asked looking me in the eyes, "yes its ok i promise." i added with a half smile but i just couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right.

i was missing something, like a piece to the puzzle, "i have to out what happened after i went back to the wolf pack." i thought. "its almost dark." Alex interrupted my thoughts. "we should be leaving soon." he got up and headed toward the bathroom.

i shook the thoughts away, i had better things to be worrying about then some nightmare. i picked up my clean cloths and put them on, "Alex must have cleaned them while i was asleep." i thought. i threw my PJ's back in the drawers and headed toward the bathroom.

Alex was washing his face in the sink, "Grey's dead Alex." i said plainly, remembering what i had done, "i know." he said looking back up at me, "i tried to stop him when he came to get you..." he paused "i knew when you came back that he was gone."

the guilt was heavy, "im sorry" i said softly unable to look into his eyes, at one point Grey was the only thing that kept Alex going, the only one who loved him. but as they got older Hellios's ways rubbed off on Grey and he fell into the loop the vampires seemed to be caught in.

even if he was in the wrong, i knew alex still loved him very much. a finger under my chin brought me from my thoughts, alex tilted my head up to met his eyes. "Raven i love you, even more than Grey, i knew he would wind up dead anyway, i loved my brother but he was lost in the power of being royalty. i dont blame you, you only did what you had to to survive."

with that he smiled and walked past me, i knew he was hurt, but he didnt want me to be also. i pushed it aside as we headed out the door and to the horses on the grass. the moon was full and shining brightly. "i dont think the wolves will like the fact im bringing the prince of vampires with me." i sighed as we saddled up.

"at least in one piece." he added with a chuckle, "ill kill a wolf before ill let them hurt you." i said as i took the reigns, "well lets just hope it wont have to come to that,"

the wolf land started on the other side of the valley, where the mountains started vampires were just on the outskirts of the wolf territory so it wasnt a long ride we reached the border in about 3 hours of riding. we stopped the and left the horses, they would get spooked by the smell of the wolves.