Ch 8

Adalay pov

I'm flying through thick clouds of the storm. I finally got above the clouds the sky was clear. I saw the portal I fly to it and pass through. The sky was thin. There were different colored clouds. Floating islands. Whales floating around and little bunnies jump floating around. Whatever it is.

There was a man standing on the island ahead next him was a lady. I fly to him and land by his side.
"You called?" I asked.

"Yes. I have a favor to ask. This mother gave birth to two small children. Each born with wings. She passed away leaving the children with an alcoholic father. He sold them to be auctioned off. I need you to go free the two kids."

"Please you have to save my children!" The lady begged taking my hands.

"I can but I don't know if I can bring them back here." I say.

"Then raise them for me! They'll learn from you. You're an Angel your self right? Please!"
She pleaded to me.

There was a small burn on my shoulder. I let out another groan.
"Alright I'll take them in."
I finally say. She smiled at me and hugged me.
"Thank you!"
She lets go of me.

"Adalay go now."
He told me.
"As you wish. My lord and savior."

I run and jump off the island. I fall. The clouds became distant and white fluffy ones came into view. I slow my fall and fly above a city that was below me it was still night.

I saw an abandoned building with a faint glow. I crash into the window of the building. Candles around the room blew out. I stand in front of  four mortals. All young.
"It worked?!" A lady said.

"Yes you summoned me which is very rare for me. So make it quick. What do you want and what do I get in return?"
I asked.
They just stare at me.
"Ok in leaving." I turn to leave

"Wait! We need help."

I look at them.

"Our children have been missing for a year. They were taken. The police gave up looking for them. When I went through my daughters stuff I found these pictures."

She pulled paper out of her pocket and handed them to me.
The pictures were drawn by a child a body with four wings.
Another picture was of the same sitting on the window sill. Another of a summoning circle. And another with children under her with the word protector.
I hand back the pictures except the summoning circle. I burn the paper.

"Can you give us our children back?" The woman had pleading eyes.
"No-"

"I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU DONT!"

"I can not because I don't have them! But I will find them. In return..."

"You can have my soul!" A man said.
"Love no don't!" The woman pulled his sleeve.

"I have no use for a soul. In return I simply do not want anyone to tell how you got in contact with me. And I need 6 pairs of ski goggles. Give me some time. I will return them home."

I went back out the window and started to fly home.

"Adalay what about the lords request?"