Chapter 23: Budding Romance

So it turned out that Samara’s statement to the police hadn’t been processed, but Taylor ended up being arrested from the vandalism charges. Samara hasn’t exactly been on speaking terms with her family since she turned Taylor in, and has found herself back at Crown City. Matthew is meeting new friends and going out with them. I’m glad to see him moving on. I’ve also started going to this new group therapy thing. We just talk about our interests, which sounds boring, but there’s this really cute guy, Hayden McIntyre, and I’m pretty sure he likes me too. As I prepare myself to talk to Hayden, he comes over and beats me to it.

“I’m Hayden,”

“Yeah, I know. I wanted to talk to you first,” I admit.

“Oh….um…...sorry?” Hayden says confused.

“Hayden as soon as I came in here and saw you I thought to myself he’s cute. I wonder if he thinks the same.” I admit.

Hayden blushes.

“If we’re being honest, I thought the exact same thing.” he admits.

I gasp.

“Want to hang out after this?” I ask.

“Sure,” he says.

I’m kind of glad Samara isn’t around right now. I don’t know how she would have reacted to what just happened. She’d probably be squealing with excitement, which is the last thing I would want Hayden to see.

A few more patients come into the room. Altogether, there are 9 patients and 2 therapists.

“So let’s get started. Everyone grab a partner. We’ll have one group of three,” says the therapist. They keep changing shifts around I can’t keep track of everyone that works here anymore.

I wheel over to Hayden.

“Want to be my partner?” I ask.

“Yeah I want to learn as much as I can about you. I want to know all of your juicy little secrets.” Hayden says mysteriously.

“I’m not really that interesting to be quite honest,” I say.

“Talk about anything and everything. This is kind of like an icebreaker exercise because you don’t know the other person. Talk about your favourite things. Talk about family, because I can guarantee nobody in this room has the same family situation. You guys can talk about whatever you want,” the therapist says.

Hayden turns back to me.

“My name is Hayden Ethan McIntyre, I’m 18, I have 2 brothers, one sister, three half sisters and 4 half brothers. I live with my step-dad with 2 of my half sisters and one of my half brothers.. I don’t see the others. I’m moving out in a few weeks, actually, which I’m really excited about. We have a corgi and a yellow lab, and three cats. I have a gecko too. I used to play a lot of sports, but then I had my accident and now I’m stuck in a chair. I watch a lot of horror movies,