Battle With A Beast

(POV: Jimmy)

  I dashed towards the demon, my knife in hand. I wasn't going to lose. I would win and be _____'s hero!
  At that moment, I didn't care about anything else other than restoring my princess' mobility. I didn't care if I could never kill again, I would give that all up in a heartbeat. She was the only one I even have and ever will love.
  That's when the horrific creature turned towards me. He was at least 20 feet tall, not including his devilish horns. His teeth stuck out above his lip and in his eyes burned a lake of fire and blood. The beast yelled and reached towards me, but I dodged, instead swerving to my right and cutting a long gash in the demon's leg.
  Moaned and reached at me again, but I was too fast. I ended up behind his back and stabbed my knife into his back, using it to climb my way back up to his neck. Stabbing it higher and higher until I reached the spot.
  He tried to slap me off, but I was too far behind him for his short, muscly arms to reach. I grabbed on to one of his lower and smaller horns with one hand and with my other, I began to slice his neck exactly like Maxwell showed me.
  The demon roared a deafening scream and began to try and attack me harder. He shook his head and swung his arms at me, but it was no use; I had gotten my cut.
  He began to topple. He swayed violently from side to side, nearly knocking me off. I held on with all my might, though, and managed to survive with out a scratch when the beast finally toppled over.
  I looked up and saw the portal back had started to become stronger and strained. "Maxwell must be trying to hold it open..."
  "You should hurry and get back, we need to get back to _____!" Johnny suggested.
  I quickly ran towards the portal and jumped through it. I was dragged through the void again before I finally popped out on the other side. Maxwell realised the portal and it shut instantly with a loud snap. "64 seconds... not bad, Casket..." Maxwell smirked.
  I shined my knife on my sweatshirt and grinned arrogantly. "Hey!", Johnny yelled at me, "You're getting even more blood on my sweatshirt! Stop that!" I ignored him to give him a taste of his own medicine.
  "Well, as I promised..." Maxwell snapped his fingers before he pulled his hat down over his eyes and disappeared.
   I smiled. I just knew in my heart that my little princess could walk again. I ran home as fast as I could, not hiding this time. I - we, me and Johnny - had to get to _____ as soon as possible.