S I X

EDITED 9/7/17; lowered Electra's score by one and did the same to May's

later that night 

I stared at the screen as Caesar Flickerman and Claudius Templesmith exchanged friendly banter in the leadup to the revelation of the scores. Bolt was seated next to me, equally as nervous/excited.

"Now, for the scores!" Claudius roared, the cheers of the Capitol crowd turning deafening. The tributes began flashing on the screen, with their number appearing beside their picture a few seconds later. Both men discussed the scores lightly.

"Glitter Cherre, District One," Caesar began as One's girl flashed up on the screen, blonde hair pulled into an elegant bun and a superior sneer on her face. "... with a score of 9!" he commentated as the number flashed up alongside her. I frowned as I imagined the bratty blonde grinning victoriously as she sat in front of the screen. Glitter Cherre was not someone I held any love for.

"Hero Opalson, District One, with a score of 9!" I remembered his impressive swordsmanship and reluctantly agreed with his given score.

"Claudia Wellers, District Two, with a score of 10!" The vicious black-haired girl had a nasty snarl on her face in her picture. Yes, a 10 suited her.   

"Rhys Stone, District Two, with a score of 10!" A smile made it's way onto my face as Rhys' picture appeared on the screen. For a talented archer who looked to be quite good at hand-to-hand combat, 10 was definitely a fitting score.

"Circa Devon, District Three, with a score of 5!"

"Chip Latier, District Three, with a score of 7!" A memory of one of the Games a while ago popped into my mind. The victor was someone called Beetee Latier from Three, and I frowned as Chip's name was called. Maybe the Latier's just had really, really bad luck.

"Ocean Harris, District Four, with a score of 9!" I clapped, grinning in pride, as Ocean's smiling face appeared on the television screen. 

"Shark Millerson, District Four, with a score of 9!" I began paying extra attention as Shark's face began to fade, being replaced with a very familiar one. 

"Electra Reine, District Five," Caesar said, his voice seemingly in slow motion as his mouth began to form his next words. "... with a surprising score of 10!" The world blurred around me as cheers erupted around the table. Desiree and Sean both had looks of pride on their faces, Eleanora gave me a surprisingly genuine smile and Bolt tackled me in a hug. I felt numb. Sure, 10 was a brilliant score - but it made me one hell of a target. Still, I laughed as I imagined Glitter's horrified face as she saw that I, a filthy piece of trash from a non-Career district, had beaten her score. That would show her.

They discussed my score for quite a bit before announcing the next score; after all, people from 5 usually scored rather low, with around 7 or 8 being the usual maximum, and I had completely ignored that scale. "Bolt Carmichael, District Five, with a score of 7!" My grip around Bolt tightened as I hugged him. 

"Seven? Seven!" Bolt whooped loudly as we all cheered for him.

"Avena Carson, District Six, with a score of 4!" 

"Lane Motore, District Six, with a score of 6!" I remembered their fallen faces as they stood in their horrific bus costume during the chariot ride and cringed.

"Everly Edmonds, District Seven, with a score of 9!" Bolt and I cheered as Everly's score was unveiled alongside her brightly grinning face.

"Kieran Woods, District Seven, with a score of 7!"

"Vel Thread, District Eight, with a score of 5!"

"Chiff Sowe, District Eight, with a score of 3!"