Eight.

Songs for this chapter: Natalie Imbruglia - Torn , Suzanne Vega - Luka , Lucy Hale - You Sound Good to Me , Ellie Goulding - Figure 8 , P!NK - Walk of Shame , Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts

My Saturday literally flies away, doing nothing. I study all day, finish my maths and history homeworks, other than waiting for my English teacher to call me. I'm pretty sure he told Carmen we would go to the movies together on Saturday, but I don't hear anything from him at all. I'm glad I don't have his number, because I know I won't be able to not call him if I did. I don't know why, but I just feel like I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off the phone. Every time I close my eyes, all I can think of is him and how caring he was, towards his daughter.

On Saturday evening, just as I settle on my bed to continue rereading the lovely Pride and Prejudice, my phone starts to ring. I panic and I really hope it's Mr Alton this time.

"What's with the panic?" Kate grins. Rachel looks up from her iPad.

"Nothing. I'm not panicked," I defend myself quickly.

"Whatever you say," Rachel wiggles her eyebrows.

I roll my eyes and make my way out of the room, grabbing my phone from the desk. "Hello?" I pick up, as soon as I shut the door. The hall isn't so crowded since it's Saturday and everyone is out.

"Hi. Um... This is Flynn," he stutters. "Mr Alton, other ways."

I can tell from your voice, you don't have to tell that, I say mentally.

"I'm sorry I couldn't call you today. Carmen wanted to go to the toys store and for a second I thought she would forget about the Disney thing, but now she remembers and she asked me to call you," he says desperately. I don't know why, but I feel upset -almost disappointed. Why is he so desperate not to see me?

"It's okay, yeah," I mumble, trying too hard not to give in.

"So, can you meet up with us at the movies tomorrow?"

"Sure," I say, as excitement starts to effect my whole body.

"3 pm?" he asks. 3? How on earth am I going to wait till then?

Why can't you? my subconscious reminds me realistically and logically. I avoid her and say "Yes," a bit too agressively.

I really don't know what's going on, but I'm tired of thinking about him all the time.

"Uh-uh," I nod and reply silently. "Bye," I say and hang up the phone before he can say anything else.

I feel sort of disappointed and confused as I return to the room.

"Who was that?" Rae asks, with a grin on her face.

"Just my mom," I lie. I don't want them getting the wrong idea.

Like what?

There is this voice in me, these days, who keeps speaking to me and messing with my mind.

"Liar," Kate smirks. "We all know it was not your mom."

"Well, it was my mom," I snap. "I'm going to take a shower," I say with a sudden decision. I grab my bath utensils and bathrobe and walk out of the room as I hear their mumbles behind me on how terrible I am at lying.

I walk through the hall with continuous but hesitating steps. Using these co-ed showers are disturbing and I just feel over exposed. I get in the bathroom to find it empty and quickly step in the shower stall, hurrying so that I will get out before anyone else gets in.

***

The next morning I wake up way too early. First, I decide to get ready for my meet up with Flynn and Carmen. Some part of me just wants to call it a date, but I also do know this thing has nothing to do with him. It's about entertaining his daughter. Only that.