Chapter 14

6 months later

"Yo Ember, get your lazy ass out of bed, we're going to be late for work!" My roommate, Jessica yelled in my face.

6 months ago, I had no idea who Jessica was. I guess we became friends by bumping into each other on the London streets. We were so amazed of how both of us were American that we had to become friends instantly. Both of us were looking for a place to live and I guess we decided to live together. I, of course, don't remember any of this.

I was with the Doctor on a junkyard and the next thing I knew it, I was in a bedroom with the Doctor, trying to rip my throat out. I guess 'fake' me left the Doctor before Amy and Rory were about to meet death row; who the heck would do that? I guess 'fake' me would. 'Fake' me you're such a bitch!

"Alright I'm up- I'm up." I said, taking the warm blankets off my body. I got up, got my uniform on, and headed out our flat door with Jess right behind me.

Both of us work at a café, that is on the top floor of a building. From the café's balcony, you can see all of London, which is gorgeous by the way. But something seems for familiar about this cute café.

We walked into the café and saw Mr. Horton, our boss, tapping his foot against the floor, looking straight at us with disbelief. "This is your third time being late, Ms. Maxwell and Ms. Edwards."

"I'm sorry sir, Ember couldn't find her name tag again." Jessica lied.

"Yes sir, do you want to know where I found it?" I tried to hide my smile, but I think I failed miserably.

"I don't care just get to work, both of you!" he yelled, making some customers stare.

"Aye aye Captain!" I screamed.

Jess and I rushed into the back room, laughing uncontrollably.

"We should of came up with something better!" Jessica said, while putting on her apron.

"We should of said, 'Queen Elizabeth was on TV and we couldn't miss it for the world'" I giggled

"But we're not British." Jess choked

"Exactly."

We laughed so anxiously that our stomachs were hurting.

"Um could you dead brains Americans work for once? Thank you." Bree the asshole said, raising her eyes brows and smiling. Bree was our bosses favorite. She would tattletale on us for any simple mistake we made. Of course, we would always get in trouble. Also she's very racist against Americans.

My temper was now very thin and I am about to snap any moment. Jess knew I was about to loose my batshit.

"Ember go to your happy place. Think of puppies, kittens, Bree burning in hell." She said the last thing out loud.

"The only ones I know who's going to hell is you two!" Bree scoffed

"Why, is it because we're American, Is being an American a sin?" I mocked her scoffed.

I could tell she was about to say something when a bell was rung on the counter out in the other room. "Let me handle this one,this guy is really picky." Our boss said, walking out of the back room.