SLEEPY HEAD

This is not another Percabeth one shot. It's actually about Sally and Percy. I just think that they are the most adorable mother-son pair.
Moving on with the story!

xxxxxxx

Percy's POV

"Goodmoring mom," I say walking into the kitchen. Opening my mouth in a wide yawn. "Oh Good Morning Percy, so you finally decided to wake up!" remarks Mom. "Yeah I know, I'm late again for school, I just don't know why it's so diffucult for me to wake up on time!" "Oh Perseus Jackson, you aren't 'late' for school, why don't you just take a look at the clock."

I do look at the clock and WOW! Its 1'o'clock. "What! Why didn't you wake me up mom?"
"Oh no no, do not ask me that question young man.  You couldn't be more wrong. I did try to wake you up. And tried not once or twice but half a dozen times, try guessing what all I did!" she mocked. And with a satisfying look at my blank face, she just continued.

"Ahem, ahem. I realised you were late so I came into your room and see your alarm clock on the floor broken, smashed into bits. So at first I tried normally, I shook you and called out your name but you didn't even budge. Then I thought of sprinkling water on you. But I changed my mind and dumped a bucket of water instead. Which was a pretty dumb thing to do since your father is Poseidon. All you did was dry yourself and say something that sounded like, "Oh come on SpongeBob, I finally find your house and you welcome me like this, how rude!"

"Hehehe, well at least I found him," was all I could say in reply to that.

"That's not all Percy I tried threatening you saying that you wouldn't get any blue food for a week, no Nemo or SpongeBob and all sort of threats I could think of, but nope you where still snoring away.
Then I brought a tray of blue cookies. Thinking i could lure you with the smell. In a flash they were gone. I don't know how you did it. But you ate them all, burped and resumed your deep slumber."

"Finally I decided to IM Annabeth and ask her to come up with a plan to wake you up. But could I find a golden drachma? Nope. So I decided to let you sleep. Anyways if you had even woken up it wouldn't have been of any use since it was already 11."

"I'm sorry mom, that you had to go through all that," I say making my trademark puppy eyes at her. "I don't know what came over me, I have no idea why I'm so exhausted these days, well more that usual."

"Its alright Percy, doesn't matter. At least I get to spend the entire day with you. All these months you have just been going around on those crazy quests. We haven't got any quality time together. Now aren't you hungry?"

In response to that my stomach grumbles. And we both burst out laughing.

"Can I get some blue cookies mom? Pleaseeeee." "You've finished them all. But that's not a problem we can make more, how about some pancakes too?" "Really? Woohoo, I'm glad I overslept."

She rolled her eyes at me saying, "Percy, overslept would be an understatement. You seriously need to work on getting up in the morning. Remember that time when you were 6..."

And she starts narrating this wonderful story about me falling asleep on a rollercoaster when I was younger. Together we walk into the kitchen to get started on those blue cookies and pancakes.

Have I ever mentioned  how much I love my mom?

xxxxxxx