Quarantine Diaries

Friday (I guess)

First of all let me get this straight:
this is a journal not a diary.
I know it says 'diary' on the cover, but when Annabeth went out to buy this I specifically told her to buy one that didn't say diary on it.

Which is why I'll always refer to this as a journal from now on.

It's day 'something' of quarantine, I have no idea what is happening anymore. The world's falling apart and for once it's not my responsibility to save it.
There isn't a single productive bone in my body and I've grown accustomed to spending the entire day doing absolutely nothing. I miss Camp Half Blood terribly and I cannot wait to go back.
The only things that help me cope are videocalls with Estelle, and Annabeth of course.

Speaking of Annabeth, you will not believe what she said to me today. SHE ASKED ME TO CUT MY HAIR!!!!
MY HAIR?? MY PRECIOUS LOCKS ARE BEING THREATENED!!!
She thinks the curls have gotten too long and too unruly... what does 'unruly' even mean? I think the pandemic and social distancing are getting to her.

She even convinced Mom to agree with her. Nevermind that, Estelle sided with them too!!! I expected it from them but Estelle? Sweet, little Estelle? How? Why?

xxxx

Monday

Dear Diary Journal,

It's over. I gave in, my beautiful hair has been chopped off. Annabeth blackmailed me saying I wouldn't be allowed blue food until I consented to having my hair cut.

I tried to resist for as long as I could but I failed, and said goodbye to my poor curls. Yes they were a mess but I still loved them dearly.

Annabeth thinks I'm being dramatic, that all she did was give it a slight trim, but do I not deserve to mourn the loss of my hair?

She did a good job at the haircut and my head feels significantly lighter but at what cost?

xxxxxxx

Tuesday

THERE'S GOOD NEWS!!!

Annabeth returned from the store in the morning. AND YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT SHE BROUGHT HOME.

BLUE HAIR DYE!!!

FOR ME!!

She said she had to come up with something since she couldn't bear to see me this sad.

So we spent the entire afternoon dying my hair blue.

AND THE RESULTS WERE AMAZING!

I HAVE BLUE HAIR NOW

There was some dye leftover so Annabeth dyed the tips of her hair blue too. It shouldn't be possible but she looks even prettier than before.

And what's better is that Estelle loves it just as much as I do. She thinks I look like the Cookie Monster now, and has begun to call me that too. I couldn't be any happier.

Maybe this quarantine isn't half as bad as I thought.

xxxxxxx

Hi, yes I'm back from my hiatus, quarantine compelled me to.

I hope y'all are doing alright in these trying times.

Please take care, stay happy and stay safe :)

I promise I'll update soon.

I found this on pinterest and couldn't resist sharing it