Chapter 2: Adopted

Chapter 2: Adopted

Yivi's P.O.V

"Yivi?! Guess what?!" My friend squeaks.

"What is it?!" My eyes light up for her to say she's getting adopted. Yeah, were orphans now because our parents wanted us to live than die. All of us were seven and now I'm thirteen... Turning fourteen next year....

Melissa. A friend of mine that survived with me when her parents let her go...

"People are coming!... To adopt us!" She jumped up and down...

I started too.... But, I don't want to get adopted... What if Melissa's or mine parents are still out there looking for us.

"We're going to get adopted! We're going to get adopted!" She chanted.

I look over and see our teacher talking to a very handsome man with his friend.

"Looks like your getting adopted Melissa." I smile to her.

"Yivi, you've been saying that ever since we got here... Don't you ever believe that someone out there wants to have a beautiful daughter... Like you?"

"Melissa, I'm not ready to be with another parent! I still believe our true parents are still out there! If anyone comes to adopt a kid it would be you! Not me!-"

"Yivi? Someone wants to see you..." I turn and see my teacher holding the door open....

"What?!" Escaped from my mouth.

"Go on, Yivi.... I'll miss you." I ran up to hug her...

"I'll miss you too." We stood there for awhile.

"Wait! Mrs. Riddler? Can you give Melissa my "orphan parents" phone numbers so we can keep contact?" I ask her.

"Of course, my dear. Now, come on. Your "father" is waiting." I hug Melissa one more time and run out to see him.

Tom's P.O.V

"Are you ready?" Dean asked with his killing grin.

"Nervous actually..... I don't know how to take care of one."

"Here she comes... She's a like an angel." The teacher said.

As my brand new daughter came out... My eyes light up. She's beautiful, mid-size, average and just plain... Beautiful.

"Yivi, met your new father, Tom." She pushed her a little towards me.

"Alright man, she's a golden one. Hurt her and I'll break you." Dean whispered in my ear.

I gulped. Dean was younger and stronger than me.

"Hey, Yivi. It's nice meeting you, love." I take her hand but she swats it away.

"You are not my father..." Those words rang in my ears as my sadness built up.

I know I'm not her real father but I can be so much better.