Chapter 5: Father and daughter dance

Chapter 5: Father and Daughter dance

Tom's P.O.V

I woke the next morning and see the kid on the bicycle with the newspaper in his hand.

I picked up it up and read it on the way to my house. I drank my coffee and my eyes caught a section.

"Father and daughter dance today at 7 p.m!"

This could be a chance to bring Yivi and I together! I hear footsteps coming down the stairs.... Oh shoot!

I try to hide the newspaper some where. I put it on top of the refrigerator.

"Good morning." She said happily with a smile.

"Morning love, what would you like for breakfast?" I start getting out the milk.

"Um, sausage with pancakes?"

"Great! Now, go take a shower and get dressed pretty."

Her face looks puzzled but she shrugs it off.

******£***********£*****

Yivi sure does take a long shower.

So I decided to take a quick one.

After that, I found her coming down stairs with her straight, long, brown hair.

"Hey. So, what are we going to do today?"

"Surprise.... You look beautiful today." I lay the food on the table then look up to her....

Her blushes was really notice able.

"Thank you." She says sitting down.Every time I try to look up and see Yivi. She was hungry!

"I guessing I should wash my mouth before we go, right?" She giggled at the last part.

"Please, cuz today is a day to have fun!" I pull my arms up as a little kid would do after having chocolate.

Yivi's P.O.V

I ran upstairs leaving Tom washing dishes. I brushed my teeth really hard. They came out bleeding a little but it sure was white!

I came down stairs and see Tom is dressed very nicely.

"I'm guessing this is suppose to be a night to remember?"

Tom leans our his hand and I take it.

"It's only to remember in our memory." He kisses my hand.

We head to the car and put the radio on.

"You and I. We don't wanna be like them. We can make it to the end, but nothing can come between you and I."

I turn the radio off. Tom looked over if I was ok. He kept on driving.

Those lyrics mean something.... Something made me snap.

"We're here!" Tom parks the car.

I get out and see colorful lights around the place.

"Come on!" Tom takes my hand and drags me inside the place.

Music was coming to my ears and I could finally see people dancing.

"Oh my god.... Tom?" I look up to him and see a huge smile on his face.

"Alright! Alright! Listen up everybody! Welcome to the father and daughter dance!!!" The DJ said through the microphone.

Aww. Tom wanted us to have a father and daughter moment.

"Alright! Now, daughters... Step up to the dance floor and show your fathers what you can do!" The DJ put on a random song.

When the music started, every girl started dancing. I shrug to myself.... What can I do?

I started dancing. A random girl took my hand and spun me around. We both laughed.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Yivi." I started dancing with her.

"Aj, nice to meet you!" She was fun. I like her already.

The DJ stopped the music.

"Alright ladies! Now, it's the dad's turn!" The girls cheered... So did I.

"But, here's the catch! Dads... You have to dance..... Alone..." Dads were like...

"Ohh, yeah I got this!"

"On the dance floor. Just yourself!.... Now, who would be the brave soul to go first?!" The DJ looked around.

The girls begged their fathers to go. I look at Tom and I finally got the idea...

I'm so going to be embarrassed.

"I will." Tom yelled out.

"Alright then!" Tom stepped up to the dance floor. Funky music started and Tom started dancing....

I cover my eyes but I heard a lot of good comments... I re-open and see Tom....

He's good! He started doing something with his hips... He rolled them back and forth.

"Wow! Who's the daughter?" I look over and see Aj.

"That's uh.... Mine! He's mine."

"Really?! That's so cool!"

We started laughing as Tom finished his dance.

We all clapped and cheered. I could feel a smile on my face.

Tom's face was red! "Since when do we kept secrets from each other?" I ask him bring him water.

"Never." He takes it. "I see you made friends from the dance floor... Want me to give the number to her dad?" I nodded.

This was a night to remember!

Tom's P.O.V

We went back home and I could see Yivi was falling asleep on the window.

"Yivi? We're home." I say quietly. I hear her groan. I get out of the car and carry her to her room.

"Wait!.... Can you dance again? For me?" She tried to open her eyes.

"Sure. I'll tell you which kind I'm doing" I do the break dance first. Yivi's smile appeared in my sight.

"That was the break dance.. Now, the hip swivel." I rock my hips back and forth. I did this dance at the party.

"And gangnam style." I start dancing like psy does in the video.

I hear her laugh.

"Alright, goodnight." I kiss her forehead.

"I like your shirt." I was wearing a Thor shirt. It had the word Thor and a picture of him and then Loki...

"Thank you." I turn her light off.

"Goodnight, da- Tom."

For moment there... She was about to call me dad.