Chapter 18: One last memory

* WARNING~ Intense chapter. May cause tears and depression. Have a tissue box next you just in case, I was kinda sad making this sad chapter.... So, enjoy! *

Yivi's P.O.V

It's been two years since I've seen Tom, my papa... I cried and cried. He hasn't visited me since the day I lost him. Chris and I were together but I realized that my family is rich. I had to maintain a reputation. I'm finally 15 and I'm turning 16 next month. Chris was just a year ahead of me.Our house looked like a barn, like the one from "Heaven is for real". We had a lake behind us and it was beautiful.

"Yivi?! Lunch is ready!" My mother called me.

I ran outside and find my family and Chris serving is hot dogs and juice.

"Thank you," I kisses her cheek.

We all sat down and began to eat.

"This I amazing Mrs. Silva!" Chris said done eating.

"Thank you Chris!" She flashed a smiled.

"Hey, we got a Australian shepherd! You wanna name him?" My dad went to his car and opened his trunk.

There, came a big dog with a collar.

"He's going to be our guard dog," he smiled.

I pet our dog. "How about Thomas?"

They all look at me and my mom spoke, "Honey, Tom is somewhere in a better place now-"

"Then why can't I just see him?!" I spat.

"Yivi, lay the attitude." My dad spoke.

"But why?! Is there something wrong?! Tell me! It's been two god damn years and you guys haven't said anything!"

"Yivi?! Language! Your boyfriend is hearing!" My mother said covering Chris's ears.

A car pulled up at our house and our dog started barking.

"Hush, Thomas!" I held him. My dad walked towards the man in war uniform.

I walked over there and talked to the man.

"Hello, are you Yivi Hiddleston?" The man asked.

"Silva," my dad corrected.

"Okay.... Well, Yivi, uh, your foster dad... Tom. He... Passed two years ago on July 24."

Oh, my god.

No.....

No...

No...

"I'm sorry for you lose and we haven't got a letter from you... He sent you a letter and the military sent you one as well..."

Tears flowed down my cheek, I could barely speak.

I choked up on my words and cried harder.

"Yivi? Deep breath..." My dad rubbed my shoulder.

I made hiccup noises and cried louder.

My Tom.... Was dead.

Oh my god....

"I didn't get any letter..." My manage to say.

"Has your parents told you about this?" The man looked at my dad angrily.

I looked up at him and he looked down.

"You kept letters from me?!" I said through my teeth. "How could you?!" I pushed him away and ran to the lake.

Chris followed behind and comforted me. His arm around my shoulders made me cry... Tom used to do that.

"He's dead..." I tell Chris.

"Tom?"

"Yeah," I cry in his chest and hug him tight.

I cry harder and harder making some birds go away.

"Sh.... It's okay. He's in a better place now..." He kissed my forehead.

"I miss him soooo much!" I cry more looking up to Chris.

"It's okay..."

"No, it's not okay! You don't how it feels like to have a great father!.... I didn't like him at first but I realized that his attention was only on me! He kept me safe and sound.... His heart glows just like the sun. His eyes tell a story of life and love. Tom... He is and was the greatest dad in history! I can't believe I lost him...." I didn't realize my family was behind Chris and the man too.

"Yivi?" My dad walked towards me and hugged me.

"I love him soo much!!" I cry on his chest.

"Yivi, do you wanna visit him?" The man asked.

I cleaned my tears, "Yes, please?" I follow the man into his car and my family follows.

I call Jenny and Dean.

"Jenny? Dean? Hey, I guess you already know about Tom?" I hold the years back.

"Yeah... I'm so sorry, love."

Tom used to call me that all the time.

~ Flash back ~

"It's amazing! Thank you SO much, Tom!" I ran up to hug him.

"You're very welcome my love," He kissed my head.

~ End of flash back ~

"Yivi? You still there?" I hear Jenny ask.

"Yeah, I'm here. I'm going to his grave now... You guys can come if y'all want..." I clean more of my tears.

"We'll go. See you there," I hung up and told my friends the news.

~ Cemetery ~

"Why wasn't he placed in Washington?" My dad asked.

"He asked if he was placed here. Close to his home," the man found his gravestone.

I cover my mouth and started crying again.

"Oh my..." I bend down at his grave stone and cry on it.

"Why did you leave?! Why did you leave me?!" My cries got louder and louder.

"Why?! Why?!"

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I look back.

"Thank you for coming Jenny," I hug her tight and cry silently on her shoulder.

"Yivi?" I hear dean... I run to him and jump in his arms.

"Tom was a brave man. He wanted you to be happy..." He whispered in my ear.

"I was never happy..." I cry. "I needed him!" I cry on his chest and punch it lightly.

He hugged me tight and kissed my head.

"Tom will love with happiness and love. He will be remembered as a great brother, and father." The man said.

"Oh, and Yivi? He is last words were to tell you that he loves you... Very much,"

I smiled through my tears and hugged the man.

"Thank you," I said softly.

"No need. Just leave him some flowers," he handed me a white rose and I places it on Tom's grave stone.

"I love you daddy."