Chapter 6

CAMMIE’S POV

Ok I ran. I'm sorry I couldn't trust Jake. I just couldn't. So I ran about 3 miles before finding another bridge. So I jumped again.

It felt like I was falling forever but it was only 12 seconds. The surface of the water was like slamming into a sidewalk after jumping off the Eiffel Tower. Lets just say it hurt. I can hear screams from above me. I had to swim I had to swim as fast as I could and never look back. That was until I heard a splash behind me.

“You think I’d let you go that easily.” Ben spoke softly and gentle I almost wanted to  turn around and go hug him. I wouldn’t though I couldn’t he was after me he was in the circle. He had to be.

“Ben- Please- you have to"

"Go?I'm not going to go anywhere without you.."

He smirked just like Zach smirked. How I missed Zach.

“Well I need to go. I'm-"

"Woah Mary... Go? Your acting like this conversation is small talk. Seriously you just jumped off a bridge." He raised one eyebrow.

"Ben-I cant now..." I started to swim away.

“Mary you have to go underwater NOW!” Ben yelled. I did what he said stayed underwater for one minute and then I came up gasping for breath. Little did I know Ben was right someone shot right where I just was. I just I have to half trust him Ugh! And little did he know that I knew perfectly well. What can I say? I'm a spy.

"Mary! Are you OK!"

I acted like any ordinary girl would act.

"Omg! Someone just shot- omg!" I screamed

“Let’s go.” I yelled right as we reached the land. We started running and after and hour of pure sprinting we both sat down on a rock. It was beautiful. The gray grass was a perfect contrast to the leaves which were starting to gain their color and turn green. I stared at Ben, his blonde hair waving around his eyebrows, his eyes staring at the horizon line. I think he saw me staring. But he didn't do anything. He only stared back.

“Its gorgeous isn’t it.” he said with a sweet loving voice.

“Yeah... Beautiful..." I said, our faces coming closer together.

His warm breath fanned onto my face, relaxing the numbness from the cold wind. His eyes were closed, and mine were closed. But for some reason, I pushed away.

"No." I said, shaking my head.

"I know its my fault Mary." Ben said, looking so sad.

"No Ben..."

"Mary-"

"Ben I need to tell you something."

"Mary I need to tell you something too."

"I'm in love with someone else."

We said them in unison. Perfect unison. Like music.

Ben stared at me.

I stared at Ben.

We both looked away.