Chapter 20

ZACH'S POV

After a long night sleep I walked into Cammie's room to wake her up. We were leaving for dinner in a hour. I know she and I slept a long time. Almost until 4:00 it know it's bad.

"Wake up! Wake up!"

"N-no!" then she punched me in the gut.

"We leave in a hour."

"Leave without me!" then Cammie tried to punch me agin but I backed away.

"Wake up Lily Anna Barns!"

"Ugh if it will make you shut up!"

"It will."

"Okay I am awake." with that she went to go to the bathroom. I went back to my room I get ready for dinner. That I didn't want to go on and I don't think she wants to go to dinner either. I put on my favorite and only suit. Paired with a green tie. Got my money and my car keys and I was out the door. I walked into Lily's house without knocking. I sat down on her couch and helped myself to some candy.

"Lily almost ready?"

"Yes I'll be right down."

"Okay." I yelled back while she walked down the stairs. She was it a beautiful, green dress and a white headband with matching white shoes. She looked amazing.

"Woah. You look amazing!"

"Why thank you Adam, you don't look bad yourself."

"Thanks. Let's go."

"Okay."

***

I opened my car door and I got out, then I went around to let her out. As she got out of the car I linked my are through hers and we went inside. After a while of awkward silence the waitress came up and asked what we would like to drink.

"Water please." Cammie said in her sweet voice.

"Coke."

"Aren't you going to say please Adam?"

"Oh right coke please."

"Okay I will be right back with that." the waitress said.

"So why did you take me here Adam?"

"Because I want to get to know you."

"No really Adam?"

"Okay, okay, I really like you Lily."

"Why thank you."

"Umm- do you like me?"

"Right- umm sure."

"Do you really like me?"

"Yes... I do! But- I also like my jerk-boyfriend. I guess- I mean... he did leave me though." Cammie said with a sad smile. Then the waitress came back with our drinks and set them both on the table. I took a sip of mine.

"Do you folks know what you want to eat?" the waitress said.

"Umm I will have a Caesar Salad please." Cammie said.

"I will have the steak cooked rare please."

"Okay I'll will be back." then the waitress walked away.

"Adam."

"Yes?"

"Is there something you wanted to ask me?" there was I wanted to ask her to be my wife. Not now the time isn't right.

"No why?"

"Then why did you ask me to come?"

"U-umm I don't know."

"Then I'm gonna go." then she got up a walked away. I felt like my insides were being ripped out of me. Why would she just leave like that? Why would she do that to me?

"Sir here is your food. Where is you lady friend?" the waitress asked.

"She left me." I said while accepting the food she was passing me.

"Well- she must be very foolish to leave such a handsome man like you." She chuckled and smiled brightly.

"Why- thank you Maria, my name is Adam McCoy."

"Well... have a nice night."

"Thanks." I yelled back over my shoulder as I walked out the door. Maria is a nice girl. Then I got in my car and drove away into the sunset.