Chapter 5

The salt stinging my eyes, the freezing water, swallowing me, causing my legs to go numb, I Forced myself to go deeper.

I cant lose it.

I cant...

But... I already had.

Two strong arms grabbed me, holding me tightly. I felt him/her swim up as we burst into the air. I still couldn't see. All I saw was red and right above my eyebrow hurt. Blood started to drizzle into my mouth as I found myself quickly on ground. I was let go and I did nothing but cough up water. What happened? Did I hit my head going down? I wiped the blood from my face, probably smearing. I was surprised my wig stayed on. But i doubt my contacts were still in.  I looked at the person who had saved me. It was a man with dark hair, short in the back, with more hair on the top, going down to his eyebrows. 19 or 20. He was on the ground, breathing heavily on his back.

"Thank you." I said, pretending it was hard to get up. Seriously... right then I could just have gotten and been like "Ya- I'm gonna go and see if I can get it again." But that would be... weird. So I only did a few more coughs. I looked down at the disgusting spit and water. But I saw wasn't water. It was blood. I then threw up, this time not meaning to. Nothing but blood. I changed my mind about going back into the water to get it. The wind started to howl. And I started to forget that my saver was still there. He walked over to me.

"Are you crazy?" His voice cracked as it started to rain.

"No...I... I was trying to- to get-"

"In fact. No, I don't even care. I could've let you die, but I didn't." He said bending over to be at the same height as me. Now Im not sure about me being short. But when anyone would stand next to this guy- ya... your short.

"I know you didn't have to. Its not like I asked you anyways." It was pouring now. I guess he expected me to cry. To say thank you 500 more times. To wrap my arms around me and ask him for his coat. But no- I didn't. I stood tall (short compared to him) with my hands by my side. And I would walk away from him.

"Wait."

I turned onto my heels.

"Can you help me?" he asked, barely able to stand still with the wind.

"I don't have to." I said, mocking his voice.

"You owe me Cam-"

WHAT? HE KNOWS MY NAME? HOW?

"I mean- uhh- just forget it."

"No your right. I do owe you." I said, feeling a bit ashamed of myself, being that soft. And admitting I am Cammie Morgan. No use denying it.

"Ok... thank you." he said, his brown eyes lighting up, his smile somehow silencing the rest of the storm, even though it only became stronger.

"Whats the problem you need help with?" I questioned him.

"I- want to...uuh- well wh-"

"Spit it out!" I yelled over the storm.

"ineedasafehousethecircleisafterme."

TRANSLATION: I NEED A SAFE HOUSE THE CIRCLE IS AFTER ME

                                                                                ***

I thought about Joe Solomon's- I mean. My house. What if Zach was there and saw me bringing a guy in the house... he would blow up, or be very depressed. But hey- its my house now... right?

"Ok, I have a place. But right now Im on a mission. Youll have to help me with it first."

"Sure- What are we doing?" He said clapping his hands together. Right now we were in a tent. No idea whos. Just one sitting on the beach shore. The storm had finally calmed, and the moon was rising.

"We are looking for Zach Goode."

"Zach...Goode?"

"Yes. Zach Goode- now-"

"Zach.. GOODE?"

"Yes- do you know him?"

"Do I know him?" Jake (Yes he told me his name) laughed.

"We were best friends! WE went to Blackthorne together. Then... They started recruiting people for the Circle. They chose me, and I- of course had no choice. But- I just ran."

"So um..." He said.

"About that guy on the train. Was he part of the Circle?"

"Shouldn't you know Jake?" I asked.

"Well-I guess. But I don't know him. Never seen him in my life."

"I don't trust him." I said blankly.

"I'm not even sure If I trust you." I said, not removing my eyes from the gaping hole in the tent. My eyes following the waves.

"You can trust me." He smiled.

Jake laid down and faced the wall of the tent. Going to sleep. I thought about leaving. But- I would probably need him. He said he was excellent at computer hacking and everything. And that would be a problem since there was no Liz. But if the Circle really is looking for him- I could be in even more danger. I looked at Jake. He was sort of like me. Always running from the Circle... I would stay.

ZACH'S POINT OF VIEW

"Sir, we want you to answer these question truthfully." The police officer said.

"Who are you?"

"Benjamin Ledge Jidone."

"How old are you?"

"18."

"Why did you attack that lady on the train?"

"I didn't attack her I-"

"WHY did you attack that LADY ON THE TRAIN?"

"I didn't- I."

"Oh shut up. Cmon. We'll understand. Money? Were you drunk? Did you want a girlfriend-"

"I wanted to know who she was."

"By harming her?"

"I didn't... When the man came running after me I panicked and flung my elbow I guess. I don't know I just-"

"Its OK son. We'll let you go this time. If it was an accident, you could've told us. But I told you to answer truthfully Zach."

"How-"

"Its OK Zach... the police are gone." He pulled off a mustache.

"Just answer this question for me."

"Yes sir..."

"Where. Is. Cammie. Morgan??"