The Sound of Music

This is one of the first movie-musicals I've ever seen. It holds a spot close to my heart as I basically grew up with this, and I watch some version of it at least once a year.

The music is so classic and it's like one of the chapters of the musical theater Bible, you just have to know it!

I absolutely love How Can Love Survive and There's No Way To Stop It! If there are any songs to take out it would probably be some of the Abbey music.

There aren't really any good audition songs in here. Most of them aren't solos.

The plot is great, and it's absolutely insane to think it's based off a real family! I just really love it!

It's suitable for EVERYONE! This is a great musical for kids to watch, but you might want to tell them the plot of the second half beforehand because it's kind of nervewracking.

I've seen countless community and movie versions! It's hard to remember them all!

My favorite is the Sound of Music Live version mainly because Laura Benanti and Audra McDonald were amazing in it! I wasn't a big fan of Carrie Underwood though.

The costumes are always great in these productions!

I really liked the set in the Sound of Music Live. It was really cool how it all connected.

Laura Benanti actually auditioned to be Liesel when she was 18 in the New Broadway Cast. They said she looked too mature and she was cast as a nun/understudy for Maria. When the Maria left, she took over! It was really cool how she circled back and played Van Shreader (Idk how to spell it) 

I love Liesel, Max, and Elsa Van S-something! I just really love their characters!

I ship Liesel and Rolf a lot!

Comment what musical I should do next!