An American in Paris

Part 1 of my catching up! (You can do this Kat, ignore that your phone is at 9% and that you don't have a battery)

The music is literally one of the most gorgeous things on earth. I have made my parents listen to the soundtrack hundreds of times and I still can't get enough of it! The jazz and the melodies and it's just AAAAAGGGHHHH! It's just absolutely amazing!

Just listen to the whole album (the OBC plz!) I would suggest skipping Stairway to Paradise because it's long, kinda repetitive and annoying, and it doesn't really move the plot along either.

I wouldn't run straight to The Man I Love for an audition because it doesn't really show off any vocal skills. However, But Not For Me is sad and beautiful, and a solo arrangement of it is pretty close to the perfect song!

The plot is great (no spoilers)! I wouldn't change a thing. It's all laid out so well and the CHOREOGRAPHY IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING ON EARTH. I am not kidding, and I just realized I don't have a choreography section here. This show definitely has the best choreography, with Newsies as a close second. It's just ballet to jazz, but somehow it makes the music better than it already is.

I would say it's suitable for 8 and up because any younger wouldn't really appreciate it :/

I've seen it on Broadway last year and on tour this year! #blessed

Ryan Steele (who I saw in Newsies on Broadway) was amazing on tour, and I can't believe he's just the understudy. I prefer him over the dude I saw, and the gal on Broadway over the gal in the tour.

The costumes are really great, I love all the dresses. They honestly remind me of La La Land (kind of) and they're just so pretty and airy (is that a thing?)

The set is great, not my favorite, but I don't dislike it! It does it's job, and is does it very well.

The whole cast is great. Really, I mean, they're all crazy talented.

I love Lise and Milo and Adam and everyone, really!!

I ship Lise and Adam because those two would be too cute together!

Comment what musical I should do next!