31

Next few updates/chapters are a bit emotional but besides that, i love you all thank you for reading this.

ALSO THIRD UPDATE TODAY BECAUSE LarrysprincessXx is bullying me into updating (hoe if you come at me one more time, I'll get rid of the daddy ish in this fic) 😤_____________

After the nail painting everyone calms down a bit. Liam forces Zayn to give him back the wheel, and then Zayn forces Niall to give back the passenger seat.

Zayn is back to his sketchpad, still trying to figure out what his last piece should be, and Niall plugs his headphones back in and lays down. They are going through a small town, one of those ones that isn't very substantial, but is there, one that no one wakes up and decides they want to visit, unless a family member lives there. A passer-by town.

Harry’s leg is bouncing, Louis knows because his hand is sprawled over it, just above his knee. It's as if he can feel the nervousness transferring into him, the trembling nerves beneath his skin shaking as he digs his blue nails into his own skin.

“Don't do that, love,” Louis say quietly, batting Harry's hand away, “don't hurt yourself.”

Harry looks at him, and the terror is clear in his eyes, the setback. Louis grabs the arm where Harry had dug his nails into and kisses the crescent moon marks gently, making them whole.

“Lou,” Harry chokes out in a whisper, so quiet, so little, Louis barely even hears it. He does, though, and he watches as Harry starts shaking his head, bottom lip trembling. They are getting closer to Harry's hometown. The place he grew up. The place that holds all his crushes, and laughs, and tears, and... Him. Harry probably knows the places they are driving by like the back of his hand. They are still a good hour away, but the pent up monsters are gnawing at him. He’s going to crack.

Louis refrains from pouting, opening his arms up for Harry to curl up inside of. Louis’ stomach clenches as he holds in his breaths, tries not to start crying himself, because he doesn't know what to do at this point. They are close, they can't just turn back after the time they had been driving.

“Tell me about our mum,” Louis whispers over the shell of Harry's ear. One of his hands rest on Harry's soft hip, and the other one clasps fingers with the boy over Louis’ lap. Harry trembles in his arms, head against his shoulder.

“She is a good cook,” Harry whispers.

Louis hums, “Just like you, huh?”

Harry nods against Louis’ shoulder, “She loves Gem and me so much, always gave us the best after our dad left.”

Louis knows the feeling, tapping his finger against Harry's hip, rubbing right under his sweatpants band.

“She would always rub my tummy when I felt sick, and she knew all my favourite movies.”

“Do you like your tummy being rubbed?”

Harry blushes, nodding hesitantly.

“Can I?” Louis just but breathes, thumbing from his hip over his side. Harry nods again, unsurely, and Louis lets his arm wrap tighter around Harry, hand reaching further past his slim waist. “What does your mum sound like?”

Harry’s shaking stalls to a low thrum, breath evening out as he blinks slowly, “Nice.”

“Nice?” Louis laughs breathlessly, his smile rippling to his eyes in softness. Softness, like Harry’s tummy.

Harry laughs too, “Yeah, nice.”

Louis bites his lip, dipping his thumb into Harry's belly button. Harry shrieks, giggling as he pushes away from Louis a bit, “Stop, it tickles!”