37

__________

The morning is filled with butter, syrup, and racked up sobs. Harry doesn’t want to let go of his mummy, doesn’t want to say goodbye again. Anne’s eyes are filled with tears, her lips pressing gentle kisses to Harry’s face, soft murmurs of. “M’gonna see you in a few weeks,” and “don’t worry dear,” and “I love you too, so much.”

Leaving is the hard part, the part that hurts more than any other. It happens in a blur, one minute they’re enjoying pancakes and the next they’re packing in the van and none of them really remember the transition. It’s just so much, too much, but a good too much. The best type of heartbreak there is.

Louis has to pull him away, or more so, it’s like a trade-off. Harry moves from Anne’s arms to Louis’, quiet tears falling from his red eyes. He kisses reassurance onto his lips, gentle thumbs wiping at the water dripping from his eyes. “I love you baby, it’s okay. You’re okay.”

Niall’s the last in the van, first slipping Anne his number and kissing her cheek.

Louis thinks there might be a few tears in his eyes, too.

______

"Your mum was quite the catch,” Niall says once they’re out of the city, “can’t wait to see her again.”

“Niall, she’s taken,” Louis says, running his fingertips over Harrys jaw, “and will you stop hitting on mums.”

Niall groans, “I wasn’t hitting on her, she’s cool,” Niall says in defence, “y’know, like one of those cool aunts that slips you extra candy when you’re little, and then lets you try alcohol.”

Harry snorts, laughing as he wipes the tears from his cheeks.

“I’m really excited that she is coming to my art show,” Zayn turns in the passenger seat to look through the middle, “She’s amazing.”

“I’m glad you got some mummy hugs and kisses,” Liam winks with a small smile, and that just happens to remind Louis of a picture he had taken. He takes his phone out, looking at his background.

Harry groans. “Louis,” he whines, “delete that.”

“You know you love it,” he pinches one of Harry's cheek, only making the boy pout more.

“You're just gagging for your picture to be taken, aren’t you?” Louis smirks, watching Harry blush and look away with the tiniest of smiles.

Louis leans down to his ear, “I’m so proud of you,” he whispers for just him to hear, “he will never touch you again. You’re invincible, babe.”

______

I hate writers block.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻