26

Dedicated to @imgross123

They all eventually wake up to the sound of seagulls yelping outside and waves crashing against the shore of the beach.

Zayn is up first, sketching different visuals of the ocean. They got a room at the end of the hall, and there is a small window that gives access to the sight of the edge of the beach. He sketches the window frame of possibility though. Into squares, triangles, a kaleidoscope of waves creating humble-galaxies.

Liam, nearly an hour later, blinks away his sleepiness to see his boyfriend sitting in the chair beside the window in only his pants. He makes a small noise in the back of his throat, trying to clear away the thick layer of sleep, and it catches Zayn’s attention. He sets down his pad and pencil, and crawls back into bed with Liam. He rubs the sleepiness from Liam's eyes with the pads of his thumbs, and kisses him with his coffee tainted lips, licking the caffeine into his mouth and coaxing him from his sleepy state.

They wake Louis and Harry up with a light knock to the door, telling them to get ready and meet them in the lobby for breakfast.

Louis yells back a shaky, “Kay,” before stretching out his limbs in bed, and then turning to see Harry still sleeping peacefully. His lips are full and bowed, and his lashes sprawl over his cheekbones elegantly. He carefully wraps an arm around Harry and pulls him closer, biting his lip at the softness of the gown that protects his body. He kisses his lips, and cheeks, and jaw, until Harry is stirring awake with a squeak of a yawn.

Louis presses a chaste kiss to Harry’s lips, mumbling, “S’time to wake up, love.”

Liam and Zayn pound on Niall's door, knowing he is a heavy sleeper, and then on their walk down to the lobby, they call his number repeatedly in hopes he’ll wake soon. Not too much longer, Louis and Harry greet them with happy good mornings.

They eat a quick breakfast, sun already shining in the early-morning air. Louis rubs Harry's thigh under the table, leaning over and pouting into his neck, “I need strawberry milk.”

Harry smiles, kissing Louis’ head, “Me too.”

“How do you guys drink so much of that stuff and not get fat? Like jesus Lou, I think you've lost weight,” Zayn wipes his mouth with his serviette, pushing away his plate with a few pieces of pancakes and syrup pushed to the side.

Louis rolls his eyes, slipping his arms between Harry's back, and the aft of the chair to pull him closer, “Believe it or not, I do eat healthily.”

Zayn laughs, “You hate healthy food.”

“Well Harry here is a lovely cook. He can make even asparagus taste good.”

*

“Please, Harry, pleeeeeease.”

“You're crazy, Lou. Absolutely bonkers!”

Louis laughs maniacally, throwing his hands in the air and bringing bits of the ocean with him as he trudges through the small waves.

“Crazy, I tell you!” Harry yells again from the safety of the beach. His toes curl in the sand, and his hands are shoved into his pockets. He is wearing the cotton shirt from the boutique, and grins widely, shaking his head at his ridiculous boyfriend.

“Crazy for you!” Louis shouts back, grin so big it looks like his face is splitting in two. He is in the same white cotton shirt, shorts rolled up high on his thighs so he can venture further into the sea water.

“That's an awful line!” Harry shakes his head disappointingly, but his smile tells Louis otherwise. He knows all of his awful lines work on Harry, every last one of them.