32

(ノ´・ω・)ノ ミ ┸━┸
__________________

“So, Harry?” Liam says, buckling up and motioning for Zayn to do the same with a small glare and a nod of his head. It seems as if they're the only ones who have actually been going through the trouble to buckle up. “What direction am I headed?”

Louis takes Harry's hand in his own, giving it a gentle squeeze as Harry takes in a deep breath, “After you pull out, you just go down this road here, and at the first light you go left.”

“Okay," Liam replies, hitting the blinker and pulling out of the small parking lot, "thanks, mate.”

Harry nods, rolling off the cap of his strawberry milk, and taking a sip.

Louis watches his throat bob for a moment, before he snakes his arm through Harry’s, linking their arms together. He rests his head on Harry's shoulder, sighing thoughtfully. "Tell me about this place."

Harry pulls the bottle from his lips, turning his head to look down at Louis, “Huh?”

“The good stuff. Tell me the good stuff.”

Harry blinks. A pillow of dust erupts from his eyelashes and glimmers his sight. He inhales deeply, looking around, taking in the old places, and the new places. There are a few shops he has never seen before, and a few old ones that still look just the same. It’s nostalgia, both good and bad. Trips to the small mart at 11:00 at night with Gemma for an ice cream cone, and trips to the small mart at 11:00 at night because there aren’t enough plasters to stop the blood.

(There were never enough plasters.)

Harry blinks, but it's more of a wince, and looks back down to Louis. He smiles… peacefully. He’s okay.

“I use to work at a bakery,” Harry smiles, his cheek caving in, “the old ladies there flirted with me.”

Louis cocks an eyebrow, lifting his head, his hand curling around Harry’s bicep in mock jealousy. “C’mon,” he says, “tell me about these old ladies.”

Harry laughs, rolling his eyes. Louis opens his mouth a little as he waits for a response, puckering his lips. “Well,” Harry hums out, holding the bottle of strawberry milk up to Louis’ lips and tilting it so he can have a drink, “they liked to pinch my bum, and… they taught me how to make the best muffins.”

Louis chokes on his drink, a snort leaving his sealed lips. He uncurls his arm from Harry's and gracefully shoves it under Harry's bum. “Oh really?” Louis says with a lilt to his voice, “Use to pinch your bum like this?” Louis gives a little pinch to his bum, getting a wrinkled nose from Harry.

“Next?” Liam calls back to them, pulling them from their private talks.

“Oh um,” Harry starts, turning to glare at Louis when he squeezes his bum again, “You just, uh. Keep going until you get to Mickie D’s, then you turn left again, and then it’s a right at the light.”

Liam nods, focusing on the road. “Alright, thanks.”

Harry nods with an appreciative smile, before turning back to Louis.

“What?” he asks with a smile.

“These muffins,” Louis starts, “why haven't they made a guest appearance in my mouth, yet?”

Harry smirks, “I think there are better things to put in your mouth.”

“Harry,” Louis gasps, slapping his chest to chastise him, “being cheeky when we are minutes from your mummy's house.”

Harry laughs loudly, making a smile ripple across Louis’ face in return. Louis can’t even hold back the amount of fondness he feels. He has never felt so fluttery. So at home and fluttery. Harry looks back down at him, shaking his head with his big, sloppy grin, and Louis has to kiss it.