41

Comment if you are reading this so I can love you.
______________

(Liam drops Harry and Louis off first, all of them tired and restless. It’s around 8 o’clock, and they shuffle into their flat, flicking the lights on.

“I’ll check how the fish is doing,” Louis calls out, rubbing at his tired eyes and dumping all of his bags on the living room floor. He quickly walks into the kitchen, checking to see how the little fish is doing. They had bought a filter for the bowl after discovering that goldfish really do shit practically every other minute, so Louis doesn't have to worry about cleaning his little bowl tank. The little guy is swimming happily though, still having a bit of his vacation food bar left. Louis dips his finger in, despite knowing that Harry hates when he does it. “Don't worry lil guy, we’re home.”

He finds himself laughing after that, sort of feeling like a sappy parent. He is a sappy parent, and Harry is his sappy spouse.

“Why are you laughing?” Harry asks, turning the corner and opening the fridge to pull out his strawberry milk.

“I just told our fish not worry cause we’re home now. I feel like a sappy parent.”

Harry raises an eyebrow with a small smile, leaving the strawberry milk out on the counter after taking a sip of it. He steps toward the fishbowl. “See, we’re both here, love. No more being alone,” he coos to the goldfish.

Louis smiles, “See, you’re my sappy husband.”

Harry chokes, staring wide eyed at Louis and Louis just - whoops.

“Louis Tomlinson, I swear to god,” Harry’s eyes are wide and his smile is even wider, his words cutting Louis’ thoughts off, “this better not be the way you're proposing to me.”

Louis laughs, loud and carefree, so fucking relieved. So, so happy. Perfect and happy and home.

“You wound me Harry Styles, the ring is in the fish.”

Harry’s mouth falls even further open, but he is still smiling nevertheless as he stares at Louis, who is snickering. “And to think I was going to pour you a glass of milk,” he shakes his head, giving Louis a teasing glare before stalking off to their room.

Louis laughs harder, putting the strawberry milk back in the fridge, flicking the lights off, and following Harry into the bedroom. Harry’s sipping his strawberry milk, setting his phone on its charger. When he sees Louis, he shakes his head, smiling.

Louis rolls his eyes, taking his shirt off, and then stripping himself of his shorts. He sighs, falling against the bed looking to Harry, who is probably texting his mum and telling her they got back safely. Harry sets his phone and his glass of milk down, before he’s turning to Louis and pulling off his shorts and panties in one go. He makes a face at Louis, “Stop scratching your balls.”

Louis snorts, lolling his head toward Harry, removing his hand from his crotch, “Did you really think that that's how I would propose to you? Even after how much of a sap you know I am?”

Harry strips his shirt off, yawning quietly before walking across the room to turn the light off. “I never know what to expect with you,” he says finally. He shuffles under their blankets, resting his head on Louis’ chest as he lets out a content, tired sigh.

“You still would have said yes,” Louis says, smile evident in his voice. He brings his hand up to play with Harry's hair.

It’s quiet, and it makes Louis’ heart pound in his chest.

“Yeah, I would have.”