17: My name

Wendy's POV

"Romeo!"

I froze.

Wha... What did she just say...?

""W-wait! It was a misunderstanding!"

"Hmpf!" I walked away with my arms crossed.

Why am I walking away?! Go back! Go back!

"W-wait! At least tell me your-" I was out of his sight.

Stupid! Stupid! I smacked my cheeks. He was about to ask our name! What if he was...

"Waitress!" A customer snapped his fingers at me which made me turn my head around.

"Y-yes?" I was at his table.

"Where's our soup?" He grinned evilly. "I've been waiting for 5 minutes. How long are ya gonna keep me waiting?" The customer said with a fake whine.

"So sorry sir

"So sorry sir. Your soup order was in an accident and we will prepare another one right away." I fake smiled and bowed.

As I was about to walk away, the customer grabbed my skirt.

"Ya see darlin'... that just won't do it." I turned around.

"Would you please remove your hand..?" I asked with a nervous smile.

Get me out of here!

"I would like a free meal or I will report you to you manager." He completely ignored my statement. Instead, he just moved his hand to my waist and pulled me closer.

"Sir, I-"

"Or.. If you don't want me to complain... why don't ya sit down?"

"Sir, Please s-"

"Ek!" I felt something hit my legs making me fall and sit down.

"Good. Girl." He leaned in closer to my face as he was saying his sentence. I could feel his spit on my cheek.

I turned my face a full 360° hitting him with my long blue ponytail.

As fast as I could, I got up from his seat. I was fast enough that he missed his chance to pull my back.

"Excuse me.. Is everything okay over here?"

That kid from before!

Wait- Am I ready to face him if he's who I think? Before I would kill to have even a clue to who he is! Now that I have a person who has high chance of being him, I'm saying no?!

All these thoughts started to pour through my head. Quickly, I ran to the door that leads to the kitchen.

"Tch... you're a little late kid... she's fine." The dark haired guy bobbed his head towards where I was until I ran away.

"Y-!" His excited look turned into look of disappointment. "W-where did you go...?" I could see sadness infiltrate his whole face.

I turned my face away from the glass in the door and slowly slid down the door.

Idiot!

I put my hands over my eyes and started to feel water pool up in my hands.

Why did I run? Why was I so scared?

"Uh- W-Wendy? Can you mov-"

I looked up at the white haired waitress carrying a tray full of food.

"W-Wendy?! Why are you crying?!" She put the tray of food on a nearby table.

"Carla!" I shot my arms out. Carla immediately filled my arms.

"Is this still over this boy?"

I nodded my head.

"Sweetheart.." She pulled me into a tighter hug. Suddenly, she let me go.

"Lets finish this shift and then we'll talk about it. Okay?"

I nodded again.

"Okay." Carla smiled reassuringly. She stuck out her hand and helped me up.

"Thank you."

After that prep talk, I wiped away my tears and put on a smile. I walked in the kitchen and made the cleanup staff aware of the spilled soup.

I made the boss aware of that guy who was a creep earlier. He was actually banned from the restaurant forever.

Even though Carla said that once we finished our shifts we would talk about Romeo, that never happened. We actually were told we would get paid a lot extra if we worked more since the restaurant became so much busier. Of course, we took the offer seeing the owner beg.

It was night when the placed closed. We actually had to stay open an extra hour. Carla almost fainted from working so much, so she had to go home.

I changed in the girls locker room. I put on my regular clothes, said goodnight to the boss, and started to walk home.

["Are you sure you wanna walk home alone after what happened today? I'll walk with you, you just need to stay a couple extra hours..."

"I'll be fine. Goodnight!"]

"Like I could stay in that shop for more hours!" I laughed at myself.

"Those hours took away my lunch break.." I pulled my phone out from my bag to check the time.

"It's almost 12... Well, too late to eat."

Suddenly, a thought popped into my head.

"Soup. Isn't it funny how soup has been leading me to what I want?" I laughed at the thought.

"Seriously, Soup gave me the idea to find Romeo... It even lead my to him! Thank you, god of soup!" I was cracking up over the thought of soup being a god.

Suddenly, my laughter died down.

"Romeo..."

Was he... Was he that guy?

["PERVERT!"]

I smacked my blushing cheeks thinking about that.

Romeo wouldn't do that... would he?

I sighed.

Of course he wouldn't. He's the type who says he does that but secretly hates it! I giggled.

Maybe it was a misunderstanding... Maybe he was just looking at my bow tie or something..

"Please...Tell me your name."

~~~
Vote, comment, share, and read!