Where obsessions start

Agenda today; read. That's all I want to do. Later we are going out for dinner and my iPad is low. About 10% as I read about a Laurmau fanfic. Laurmau standing for Laurance X Aphmau. Yes I'm that type of fangirl. I turned off my iPad for a second as I took a sip of my water. Cold, like my heart and soul. I got off of my bed to change into more suitable clothes for tonight's dinner, nothing too fancy since we are just going to Taco Bill.

"Livi we're heading out soon in about half an hour so make sure you are all ready" my mother called from downstairs. Which I like to call at that moment of time, the abyss. I turned on my charging iPod to check the current time of day. It read 5:34pm, okay everything is just splendid. I looked outside of my window, the sun's final bead of light just pierced through the sky reflecting a small amount through my window. AND AT LAST I SEE THE LIIIIGGGGGHHHHTTT!!!! Ahem, sorry I have a Disney song stuck in my throat.

Sitting back down into a comfortable position on the ruffled blankets below so I can continue reading ALL the fanfiction. My iPad clinging on to 8%. I flick up on the screen twice to flick to next page and where "i cri evry tim" There was a video along with an author's note at the start of the chapter in bold letters.

''I love this song from Undertale called Stronger than you, you can play it while you read. Enjoy the Chappy." I was curious so I played it. The animation to the video was very good and the song was quite fitting. Now I was even more curious. What is this, Undertale? The time read 5:42, so it began.

Hopped onto YouTube and saw my suggestion box filled with Mianite and simplynailogical videos. I'll watch them later tonight I thought and typed in the search bar "Undertale season 1 episode 1" assuming it was some type of anime or show. The results showed an animated looking 8 minute video and I clicked on it. First couple of minutes, kind of boring. The video displayed a character in a purple stripped blue jumper fell down into a mountain and a small yellow flower is talking to said human character. Not that interesting but then it hit me. Is it a show? I deleted the the "season 1 episode 1 " and just left the Undertale part. 5% was left on my device and the options that came up were mind blowing. I scrolled down looking at all the options and found THE ONE!

Mithzan, a YouTuber that I love who makes great content knows this, Undertale. I clicked on the playlist which was named "Undertale Pacifist Run" and I checked the time again. 5:49 it read at the top of the iPad screen. I frowned as I also saw the percentage. 3%, Aww man, I was just getting started. I clicked on the first video and watched, I discovered that Undertale is a game. Huh, who knew? He did voices for  each character perfectly, it fit them so well. I watched as the human child character "Max" walked with what he called, goat mom because she seems like a motherly figure and her monster Sprite looked like a goat. Her name is Toriel and then it hit me. She is really a tutorial, she explains the game mechanics to you, two types of mechanics, that's really funny. She is a pun, I like this game. The screen turned black and my YouTube fell into a black hole. This only meant one thing........ My iPad........died.

NO!!! and we were about to head out to dinner because it was 5:55. Filled with determination, not even knowing the reference yet, quickly plugged in my iPad charger and waited and then I was once again discovered, I found myself being an Idiot. My Baka-self grabbed my iPod in desperate need, I could slightly hear the non-existent dramatic music from afar close in. I typed in Undertale back in the search bar on YouTube and began to watch again.

Who knew that reading fanfiction could change your own fandoms? Who knew that one good thing leads to another? Who knew that a fandom can influence what music and art I look for? Who knew that Undertale changed my life dramatically from what I choose to learn on the piano to knowing the feeling of being accepted in a fandom is about? But when I reflect on this memory of how I found my obsession, I think of this...............................

ITS LITERALLY JUST A VIDEO GAME!!!
FHRNEJHYGHFUGJGWEUSAOIJEEJDSJGHFHDGBYHDGFJHJDSKHFUFDHJFSHKDKJDHFOUSDUFHDSJFHIUSDYUSJDFHNISHFJBFGBKDHKJDFKHSID

Hey guys just a short story for school. It had to be a personal narrative and I choose the memory of finding Undertale because it's changed my life so much even tho I don't write fanfiction about it (yet) I still love this fandom with all my heart so here's a story and there's a black hole

Bye