Cleopatra

Cleopatra was born in 69BC and belonged to a royal Greek family. She may not have been Egyptian but her family had ruled over Egypt for almost 3 centuries. She was born and died in Alexandria. She was highly educated and could speak 7 different languages fluently. She was beautiful and was a fiery-strong willed woman as people described her as.

Cleopatra was known for being the last pharaoh to rule Egypt. She was also famous for her seductive charm and her obsession for power. At age 18 she married her brother who was 10 to keep the ruler ship in the family. This was a common thing to do in Egyptian history. She was also responsible for his death along with her other brother. Cleopatra was said to have killed 2 of her 5 siblings. Her siblings had banished her and she fled to Syria meeting Julius Caesar. When returning she had discovered her only brother had drowned himself and she went back to Rome with Caesar for a while.

Julius Caesar was Cleopatra's first love, and she gave birth to his son and her first child. Unfortunately, Julius Caesar was assassinated and Cleopatra went back to Egypt.

As a Pharaoh of Egypt she had to solve conflict in Rome where she identified her self as the God Isis. When traveling back to Rome she met an ally of Julius Caesar, Mark Antony. Seduced by her charm he vowed to protect Cleopatra's crown and she used this sending her 2 surviving siblings into exile. She ruled Alexandria Egypt strongly even though there were some struggle along the way such as the flooding Nile at one point and the sharing of her lover, Mark Antony.

To be with Cleopatra, Mark Antony abandoned his high social standing wife Fulvia. She may have died by an illness but Mark Antony was to prove his loyalty by marrying Octavian's half sister Octavia. He declined and stayed with Cleopatra. Before this commotion Cleopatra gave birth to Mark Antony's children who were twins. Alexander Helios (sun) and Cleopatra Selene (moon).

With all the commotion of a mild conflict Mark Antony had to leave Cleopatra for a while, he made the marriage between Octavia and himself a worse situation and came back for Cleopatra. They had another son together named Ptolemy Philadelphos. After a humiliating defeat to not marry Octavia, Octavian declared war on Egypt. This lead to the false death of Cleopatra.

When hearing the news Mark Antony had killed himself with his sword only to find she was still alive (almost like Romeo and Juliet) Cleopatra was distraught as some people said but she planned to be with him. Cleopatra had devised a plan to commit suicide. She had ordered her vizier to find her a poisonous snake, this snake being a cobra. She locked herself in her chambers with two priestesses that were loyal to her. The vizier hid the snake in her figs and the priestesses were there to ensure that the snake actually bit her. She was bitten in the chest and was buried by request next to her lover Mark Antony.

After Cleopatra's death her sons and daughter her excited by Octavian's hand to ensure not leaving such a humiliating stain roam in his empire. Cleopatra was the last pharaoh to rule Egypt and when her monarch was destroyed, Octavian made Egypt part of the Roman Empire and changed his name to Augustus.

Some say Cleopatra commit suicide to be with Mark Antony, some say it was for Julius Caesar, some even say it was because she didn't want to be convicted of murder of her two brothers. The most interesting reason I found was that she didn't want to be taken down by a Ruler who was weak and depended on others to do the dirty work. I thought this said a lot about Cleopatra as a person since all she wanted was power and she would stop at nothing to get it. She did anything for it and to be taken down by someone like Octavian didn't suit her.

IM SMART NO NO IM NOT BUT HERES A FACT, I LIKE TO READ BECAUSE BOOKS TEACH ME USEFUL THINGS LIKE DID YOU KNOW IF YOU ELECTRIFY SOMEONE UNDERWATER IT LEAVES NO BURN MARKS ON THE BODY, AND THATS THE POWER OF KNOWLEDGE
BAKA OUT