Where Obsessions Start v.2

Agenda today; read. That's all I want to do. Later my family and I are going out for dinner and my iPad is low. About 10% as I read about a ship. A Larmau ship to be exact. Laurmau standing for Laurance X Aphmau, characters from a YouTuber CALLED Aphmau. Yes I'm that type of fangirl. I turn off my iPad for a second as I take a sip of my water. Cold, like my heart and soul. I get off my bed to change into more suitable clothes for tonight's dinner, just a pair of brown-green shorts and a black top. I Dutch braided my hair into a bun. Nothing too fancy since we are just going to Taco Bill.
                                                                     * * *
"Livi we're heading out soon in about half an hour so make sure you are all ready" my mother calls from downstairs. Which I like to call at this moment of time, the abyss. Dang, I'm in a dark place today. I turn on my charging iPod to check the current time of day. 5:34 it read. I look outside to glance at the sky from my window, the sun's final bead of light just pierced through sky. Reflecting a small amount through my window. AND AT LAST I SEE THE LIGHT~! Ahem, sorry I have a Disney song stuck in my throat. YOU CAN TOTALLY SEE IM NOT A DISNEY FAN AT ALL} the sarcasm is strong with this one.

Sitting back down into a comfortable position, with the ruffled blankets below I begin reading again. My iPad clinging on to 8%. I flick up on the screen twice to swipe to the next page and where "i cri evry tim" A reference to a YouTube series my sister and I watched. There was a video along with an authors note at the start of the chapter in bold letters.

"I love this song from Undertale called Stronger than you, you can play it while you read. Enjoy the Chappy" I, being a curious child, decided to play it. The animation was to the video was very good and the song was quite fitting. Now I'm even more curious. What is this, Undertale? The time reads 5:42, so it began.

I hop onto YouTube and saw my suggestion box filled and saw my suggestion box filling up with Mianite the series where "i cri evry tim" came from. As well as Simplynailogical videos, a YouTuber that has a channel devoted to nail art. I'll watch them later tonight I thought as I type in "Undertale season 1 episode 1" assuming it was some type of anime or show. The results showed an animated video. It was 8 minutes long and I clicked on it. First couple of minutes, kind of boring to be honest. They video displays a character dressed in a purple stripped blue jumper who fell into a hole, in the mountain. Coming across with a small yellow flower who is now talking to said human character who fell. Not that interesting and then it hits me like a truck. Is it show? I delete the "season 1 episode 1" part and just left "Undertale" 5% was my battery on my iPad and then the options of Undertale blew my mind. I scroll down looking at the videos and found THE ONE!

Mithzan, a YouTuber that I love, who makes great content knows this, Undertale. I tap on the playlist which was named "Undertale Pacifist Run" and I check the time again. 5:49 it reads at the top of the iPad screen. I frown as I also saw the percentage. 3%, aww man, I'm just getting started. I click on the first video and I watched. I discover that Undertale is a game. Huh, who knew? He does the voices for each character perfectly, it fits them so well. I watched the human child character named "Max" named by Mithzan and he walked with what he calls, Goat Mom. I think he calls her that because she seems like a motherly figure and her monster Sprite meaning appearance, looks like a goat. Her name is Toriel and then it hits me again like a truck. Dang I need to be careful around trucks. She is literally a tutorial she explains the mechanics to you, TWO types of mechanics to be exact. That's really funny, she is a pun. Two+tutorial= Toriel. I like this game. Suddenly the screen turned black and my YouTube fell into a black hole. This means only one thing...my iPad...died.

NO! And we were about to head out to dinner soon because it was 5:55. Filled with determination, not even knowing the reference yet, I quickly plug in my iPad creating a connection to the cord and device. I wait anxiously and then I find myself being an idiot again. I CAN USE MY IPOD! My stupid-self grabs my fully charged iPod in desperate need, I could slightly hear the non existent music from afar close in. The music filled my mind but wasn't actually playing for people to hear. I typed Undertale back in the search bar on YouTube and began watching again. What is this witchcraft? Pulling me in to continue? I'm truly filled with DETERMINATION! My soul was now filled with colour.

                                                                      * * *

Who knew that reading fanfiction could change your own fandoms and devotions? Who knew that one good thing leads to another? Who knew that a fandom could influence what music and art I look for? Who knew Undertale changed my life dramatically from what I choose to learn on the piano to knowing the feeling of being accepted in a fandom is about? But when I reflect on this memory of finding my obsession and never letting go, I think of this...ITS LITERALLY JUST A VIDEO GAME! A ROLE PLAYING GAME! THE WORLD MAKES NO SENSE! YET MY ADDICTION STILL STANDS TO THIS DAY. But I learnt traits, these traits consist of perseverance, integrity, patience, kindness, justice, bravery and a trait I will hold dearly to the end of time...DETERMINATION!

Is the final piece of my obsession. The other copy was a draft and my teacher gave feedback. So here's the new piece Baka out

Liv«