Chapter 9. Empty Space

Jasons P.OV.

I wanted to strangle Reyna.

She interrupted the moment I had with Piper.

Ok, ok, it wasnt really a moment, she just looked at me. But still, it felt good for the two seconds that it lasted.

Then, I saw Reyna somewhere behind Piper and my mind automatically forced me to put on a fake smile. Like always.

For a second I saw it. The guilt in Reynas eyes. Ive looked at those eyes, shining fakishly, enough to know when they were holding real emotions.

And eventhough it was almost impossible, I caught a glimpse of what she was probably really feeling.

The truth that we both knew existed, was that we both didnt want this. She probably didnt feel anything for me either. We were both caught up in our need for attention and popularity.

Maybe she was hiding behind a mask too, maybe this whole school was.

The guilty look was instantly replaced by a huge grin. She lunged at me and swarmed me with kisses, something she always did when we were in public.

Ha! In public...not like we were ever not in public. Not like we were a real couple that did real couple things like go on dates or cuddle.

It was always the same: When school ended we went outside together hand in hand, gave each other a goodbye-kiss, because there was always someone watching, and then we went our seperate ways.

It was basically the most pathetic thing known to mankind.

But we still managed to pull it off for almost two years now, without anyone suspecting a thing. Or, if they did, they didnt care. Like most people did with most things at this school.

It took me all my strength to pry Reyna off of me without causing too much negative attention.

As soon as she wasnt the only thing i could physically look at, my eyes fell on the spot that Piper had stood in just a minute ago, that was now empty. A rush of dissapointment came over me, but i managed to keep my feelings to a minimum and tried to act as normal as i could.

I looked back at reyna, who was already on her phone texting away, not to my suprise, and my gaze went back to the place were i was still hoping to find the brown-haired girl, but found a very pissed-off looking Leo.

He pulled me aside, something he always did when he saw ne with reyna, which was every day.

"Leo, Im telling you for the hundreth time, I do like her."
Lie

"Jason, I see that youre not happy with this situation."
Truth

"Youre getting on my nerves. Stop acting like you know me, cause you dont."
Lie

"Im your best and only true friend Jason! Of course I know you."
Truth

"If you were really my friend, you would understand that I love this life, I love my friends, I love my reputation, and I definetely love Reyna."
Lie

"Jason, Im just trying to help you and bring back the real jason, that I miss."
Truth

"Well, I dont need your help."
Big lie

And that, is how you loose a friend, kids.

By being a liar.

And an asshole.

Well, I was both.

I looked back, to where I was standing just a minute ago, were my fake girlfriend kissed me and were I, once again, put on a fake smile.

I was searching for a certain purple-eyed girl, who had also stood there minutes ago, but all I got was an emtpy space, once again.

_______________________________________

Piper: Why the hell is this getting so sentimental? Make it stop!

Ok I can just stop writing the story if thats what you-

Piper:No, no, no. Theres no need to panick here! Just...keep on doing what youre doing...and dont mess it up.

Gosh, the critizism I get from my own charackters *sighs* maybe I should make them more humble.

Piper: ...

Ok ok, you convinced me. Your great use of words persuaded me to let you be you. Im really touched by your choice of words by the way, real good job there.

Ok, ill stop. Its not funny anymore.

Hope you enjoyed it!

G'bye!