Chapter 10. Laughter Part 1

Piper's P.O.V.

I was getting suspicious.

My dad still hadn't even thought about moving.

And that definetely was a reason to be suspicious.

Since when was he happy in one place for this long?

I mean it really had been long...

Ok, it's been three days.

The truth was, I wasnt only suspicious, I was also getting impatient and scared. What if my dad decided to stay here?

I couldnt stay, that was certain.

My "mom", Stephanie, was...how should I say? Not my type. She was nice, dont get me wrong. And she probably did like me too. She just would've liked me more if I were a princess or at least wore pink once in a while.

But that wasnt what irritated me most about her. What really confused me was, that she was making my dad happy.

Everytime we moved, he always put on a fake smile infront of his girlfriends, but when they wernt looking, he always looked so...empty. Like something was missing.

But him and Stephanie, they were a dream-team, eventhough I didn't like admitting it. I always saw him smiling, no, grinning when he was around her and he seemed to be so... complete when he was with her.

The way they stood in the kitchen together, making food and laughing, made my heart ache in so many ways.

He never noticed me.

Its not like he did before, but I always thought he just couldnt love someone at all. But now that we were here, it was obvious that he could.

Just not me.

And thats why my heart hurt everytime I saw him smiling now. It was because I knew that smile wasnt because of me.

And it never would be.

There it was again, the laughter.

I was laying on my bed in my room, which was on the second floor. And I could still hear them laughing together downstairs, having fun.

There was a second kind of laughter I was hearing too, and it was even more heartbreaking.

The rain was rushing down on the roof and the windows, and every single drop seemed to be a little bit of laughter.

The rain was laughing at me.

"Look at her, not even her father loves her, now its official. She will never be loved.", every raindrop seemed to say.

I wanted to be able to close my eyes and stop hearing the rain, stop hearing the laughter. And stop hearing the truth.

Because it was, it was true.

Who would love me?

"Drip-drop, No-one", the rain said again and again.

A sound echoed through all of the laughter coming way up high from the sky and way down below from the kitchen.

It was the doorbell.

Before my dad or anyone could tell me to go down and see who it was, I was already rushing downstairs in a hurry.

I needed a distraction.

I tried to ignore the sounds that were coming from...well, everywere. I just tried to zone everything out, except for the door that i was aproaching.

And so I opened it, with as much caution as possible.

I was just hoping that whoever would be out there wasnt going to laugh, I would probably slap them.

But I wasnt expecting them to cry, either.

My eyes widened as I realized who stood there and if I wouldnt have held the doorhandle I would have maybe fallen.

What was Jason doing here?

But before I could ask him that, he broke down infront of me, sobbing.

In that moment, I wished he would've just laughed.

_______________________________________

I know, I know. Its short.

But if you payed close attention to the title, you would have discovered that it has two parts!!

So stay patient and let me update the second part as quickly as possible.

Stay cool and keep reading.

Always keep reading