Chapter 9

"This isn't fucking adding up." Isabella shouted throwing the newspapers onto the kitchen table. Isabella sighed, and leaned against her arm, and contemplated what she had just read.

"Another press conference?"

"Yup. Now something dealing with even bigger issues than before."

"How so?"

"Well-"

"Guys, the broadcast is on." Ziggy said, as Greedman appeared on screen at a press conference. Everyone gathered around and listened in on what Greedman had to say this time. They listened.

"An issue that I've noticed that has been pestering me for the past few days, was the issue of legalizing gay marriage. It's been legal for a few years. But, I have officially brought my case to Supreme Court."

"Oh god no.....oh god no....." Paige mumbled under her breath.

"It has been decided that Gay Marriage is now illegal and is no longer a right."

"Oh my god! What the fuck is wrong with you!? What are you thinking!?" Ariel shouted at the TV screen, throwing her hands in the air.

"I believe that it is wrong for gay and lesbians to be married. I mean, the traditional couple that you and I are used to are one man and one woman. Not two men and two women."

"Well of course it's fucking traditional for you, dumb ass!!!" Fred shouted.

"I don't think we should have children walking into school feeling ashamed of themselves over their parents."

"Well we don't want them leaving their houses on a daily basis in fear of having their asses kicked to the ground because they're gay too!" Ziggy yelled.

"There is nothing anyone can do to make me change my mind. It's been set in stone. If any gay or lesbian couples were planning on getting married.....then way to send your money down the drain."

"Well, FUCK YOU THEN!!!" Dean shouted. Ziggy turned off the TV. Everyone sat down and sighed.

"Tsk, well now we know a riot won't fuckin' work." Ziggy said.

"Well, no of course not. That's because we are such a small community."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, hold on." Ariel said, sitting up.

"Are you saying that there aren't enough of us to push this movement forward, Izzy?"

"Yes. None of us are capable of taking any legal action whatsoever. We are literally running out of options. They won't listen to us. They're just going to keep on pushing us away and making us feel like we're invisible. So I say we need to appeal to more crowds. Especially younger demographics."

"How the fuck are we going to do that?"

"Remember our last riot where those middle school students protected us from those cops?"

Everyone nodded.

"Well, that's it. We need to start speaking up at elementary schools, middle schools, high schools- everywhere! We need to start encouraging people to step out of their fear zones that are called laws and start fighting."

"That literally didn't make any sense." Paige said.

"What I'm trying to say is we should start telling the generation that'll soon be taking our place to take a fucking stand for what they believe in and what they know is right."

"Great idea, just how in the hell are we going to do it?"

"I'm not sure yet. But the middle school I used to go to is looking for some public speakers to help out at an assembly."