The Unseen [Edited]

It was Christmas break, and I was sitting outside looking at the snow fall. I sat there fidgeting with my nails when I heard someone call out to me.

"Wyn! Where are you? You need to clean your room! " My mom shouted from inside. "Okay mom, I'm coming. " I replied.

My mom always gave me painful and sometimes useless chores to do because she said I was 'useless'.

Ever since my dad had died, my mom took all his richest and always used it for herself and only gave me some when I really needed it. Heaven know what she does with all that money.

"Good morning ma'am" said Casandra, one of our maids, passing by. "No need to call her ma'am, because she's just one of you now" my mom said pulling my hair into my room.

"I told you already, Wyn, clean your room" my mom said throwing me to the floor. My eyes started to water and then my mom just left the room thinking she couldn't care less.

I cleaned my room and tripped on something. I looked down and saw a black ring. I bent down to pick it up but something caught my eye from under the bed. it had red eyes and they looked like Menies. I slowly crawled away and prayed it won't rip my head of my body.

I closed my eyes for some time, then when I opened them back, The menie was sitting right next to me.

I started hyper ventilating and tried to not move.

It went in front of me and buried it's claws on my thigh and screamed something so unhuman I wanted to rip my ears off. And then it just vanished into thin air. I breathed heavily and held the top of my thighs just above the scratch so I could feel less pain.

I sat there for about 20 seconds and stood up. I rummaged through my cabinet and found the first aid kit that I stole from the garage so that at least I would have something to heal the wounds that mother would give me.

After cleaning up, I didn't bother to eat dinner anymore, even though I knew my mom would probably yell at me in the morning for not eating.

"Why do you even stay if she treats you as if your nothing to her. When truly, you're her daughter. You should be her most prized possession. Your father would have never wanted to see you like this"

Those words rung in my ear. The words from every person who felt pitty for me. But I didn't need their pitty, I was strong. Stronger than anyone else knew.

Tears ran down my cheeks as I remembered all the happy thoughts of my father and I. But I knew, those times would never come again. If only he'd never played, if only he never did what he did. He was curious. But that curiosity went to far.

My eyes started to close as I drifted to sleep.