Chapter 6: Uh Oh

Syaoran POV

Daidouji's words struck my heart like daggers. What? Sakura's hurt. 

The coach looked shocked too, but he ran ahead to where Daidouji's voice was.

It took me half a second to decide whether or not I should go look, and I sprinted down the track.

Sure enough, a little past the bend, Sakura was lying on her side with Tomoyo and Touya crowded around her.

I walked closer to her, and I could see her sweating. Her face looked pained, as if she was having a bad dream.

"Oh no." whispered Touya. "She wasn't feeling well this morning..."

He immediately picked her up.

"Damn it! Li! Take Sakura down to the nurse!" he ordered.

My face blushed. I was supposed to carry her?

Touya lightly set her in my arms, and surprisingly, she weighed very little.

I sprinted into the building, right into the nurse's office.

Kokana-sensei gasped when she saw Sakura.

"What happened?" she exclaimed, helping me get her onto the bed.

"I honestly don't know." I told her.

"Her temperature is very high. 102 degrees. She'll just have to stay here and rest in bed for now. Thank you for bringing her in. You may go to class now." said Kokana-sensei.

"Oh, yeah." I muttered, and dashed down the hall.

Throughout the day, I found that Kinomoto was on my mind a lot. I was wondering if she was alright, or what had happened, or if I should go check on her.

Ugh, quit it! You don't like her, remember? She's a loser! Quit thinking about her!

"Uh, Li-San?" came a voice. My head jerked up. Terada-sensei was staring at me strangely. The class had weird looks on their faces.

"Um, yes?" I coughed.

"Are you alright? Your face looks a little...stressed." he told me. My face turned red. The class was trying to hold in laughter.

"Uh, yes. I was just...thinking about...something...I forgot to do." I lied.

"Alright, then, can you answer the question on the board?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah. Sakurrr—ah-ah-I mean seven." I said, getting redder by the minute.

"Thank you." he said, turning around.

I looked around to see Eriol smirking at me. I glared at him.

"I didn't know Sakura was a number." smirked Eriol, standing at my locker after class was over.

"Shut up. It was a slip of the tongue. Kill me." I said, rolling my eyes.

He smirked at me. "Oh, I heard from Tomoyo that Sakura's up and running. Her fever chilled really fast." he told me.

"Cool. I'll go visit her." I said, slinging my backpack over my shoulder.

"You do that. Oh, and by the way, good luck tomorrow." he said, walking away.

"Wait, what?" I asked. I was confused. What was going on tomorrow?

He just smiled slyly at me, and walked away.

I just shrugged, and headed to the nurse's office.

When I walked in, I ran into Sakura. Literally.

"Oh, gosh, sorry." I said, helping her up.

"Yeah, don't bump the injured person." she said, taking my hand.

I pulled her to her feet, and stuck my hands in my pocket.

"So...are you ok?" I asked her.

She nodded. "I feel a lot better, but honestly, I have no clue what happened back there." she told me.

"Alright." I said. "Hey, do you anything important going on tomorrow? Eriol wished me good luck, but I have no clue what he's talking about." I told her.

She looked at me wide eyed. "Really? You seriously don't know what tomorrow is?"

I shook my head.

"Wow. You're kind of stupid. I have to go, so bye. And Syaoran, look at your calendar!" she called, running down the hall.

I was still skeptic.

When I arrived to my little apartment, I did what Sakura said, and looked at my calendar. As soon as I did, my mouth dropped.

February 14-Valentine's Day

Oh shit.