Last :D

Chapter 13: C2 - The Contest and Confession

Syaoran POV

I kissed her. I KISSED HER. I felt happier than I had ever felt before. I couldn't believe it.

When we were younger, I vaguely remembered wanting to kiss her, but in the past few years, the thought dissolved. Now, today, it was back, and I wanted to kiss her again, more than ever.

I suddenly stopped smiling. I couldn't believe that I had been such a jerk in the last year. I had gagged with my "friends" at the thought of dating her, insulted her, teased her, and bullied her. Right now, I felt as if I wanted to show it off to everyone in the world-I'm dating Sakura Kinomoto. I kissed Sakura Kinomoto.

I collapsed into my bed and sighed. Tomorrow was Sakura's big day-the contest was approaching.

I wonder what'll happen?

The next day-Sakura POV

I woke up still shocked, but refreshed. I looked at my alarm clock- 9 AM. I had 2 hours to get ready before I headed down to the stadium.

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. As I got dressed, I started thinking about yesterday, and laughed when I remembered I told him I'd see him at school the next day. I must've been really flustered to forget there wasn't school.

My phone burst into song-"The Lazy Song" by Bruno Mars. I picked it up, already knowing who it was and what they wanted.

"Yes Oh, Hi Tomoyo. I'll be over in 10 minutes." I said, into the reciever.

"Wow, am I getting that predictable?" she asked.

"Getting?" I asked. "More like, am already."

She laughed. "Alright, see you in a bit."

Time flew. One minute I was on my way to her mansion. In another, I was at her place yelling at her and disabling the microphones in my room. The next was Eriol coming up to me with a sly smile, and then, suddenly, I was standing at the entrance of the stadium with my music.

"Hey Kura!" greeted my drummer, Takeshi.

"Hi!" I called back.

Eriol got his electric guitar out, and winked at me. I smiled.

Within minutes, the contest was beginning. A tall, pretty woman walked on stage. I peeked out and looked at the audience. The stadium meant for 3,000 people was packed full. I gulped.

"Hello everyone! Welcome to the 2011 Tomoeda Music Contest!" she cheered. The crowd roared with excitement. "Alright! Today, we will be hearing from our 15 contestants, all competing for $1,000 and a record deal! We will have 3 judges, but remember! Each one of your votes count! Once all of the contestants have gone, you all will vote for your favorite! Alright, enough delay, here we go!" she yelled. The audience clapped thunderously.

The first group to go up was a group of 5 girls called the Cinnamons. I thought they had good techniques, but Tomoyo said they were too girly.

Since I was the last one to go up, time went by slowly. The butterflies in my stomach wouldn't stop fluttering.

"Hey." said a familiar voice. I turned around and saw Syaoran walking up to me with his hands in his pockets.

"Syaoran! You came!" I said, hugging him.

"Of course. Now, what song are you singing? Is it about me?" he asked, grinning.

I rolled my eyes. "Not this time, Mr. Self-Absorbed. You'll find out soon." I giggled. He smiled.