Story 12) The Carnival Date

The Titans just defeated The Hive so they decided to celebrate by going to the Carnival on Friday.

But the thing was everyone was going with a date. Well all except for Beast boy and Raven.

And you know what that means....

"You guys have to go to the Carnival as dates tomorrow if that's fine." Robin ordered.

"Do we have to?" Raven asked in her monotone voice.

"Yes so that everyone will have a date and no one will be left out." Robin explained.

"I rather be left out." Raven mumbled.

"What was that babe?" Beast boy flittered to Raven.

"It's none of your business and never call me babe again." Raven ordered angrily.

"Alright alright Rae just calm down a bit." Beast boy said throwing out the core of his finished apple and walked out of the common room.

It was Friday afternoon at 3:30 when they went to the carnival along with other Titans including the Titans East and Honorary Titans, etc.

Everyone was greeting, talking and laughing with one another except for Raven, she was left alone by herself near the cotton candy machine.

While on the other hand, Beast boy and Kid Flash were talking about some video game that they claimed was going to be "epic" and "amazing".

Raven was just staring at them rolling her eyes.

Beast boy noticed this so he decided to take action.

"Hold on dude I'll be back in a sec."

Beast boy excused himself as he walked to the cotton candy machine right next to Raven and purchased a blue cotton candy.

"Here Rae I figured you could use this." He said offering the cotton candy to Raven with a large happy grin on his face.

"I don't want it Beast boy and how come you aren't with the others?" Raven asked.

"I could say the same for you Raven." Beast boy replied.

"Well...." Raven drifted off.

"Exactly." Beast boy confirmed.
"Do you wanna start our journey by first playing some games?" He asked.

"Whatever that'll make you shut up." Raven replied in her usual monotone voice.

The two strolled around the carnival until Kid Flash came up and said "So you ditched me for Rae Garfield?"

"Hey don't call me by my real name and yes I did she's more worth it than you, sorry dude." Beast boy said as he linked arms with Raven, her not approving of it.

"Are you guys like dating now?" Kid Flash asked.

"No we aren't we are just together because we are assigned to be and nothing more." Raven said walking off to get some soda.

"Dang dude you just got denied by your crush." Kid Flash smirked.

"S-she's not my crush." Beast boy lied blushing.

Kid Flash just smirked. "Whatever you say dude." Kid Flash walked off.

Beast boy found a bench and just sat there for a couple minutes waiting for Raven to come back with her soda.

"Here." Raven said offering him a bag of popcorn. "Sorry I was a bit rude earlier and I hope, um.." Raven hesitated for a second. "That we could start fresh...?" Raven said this more of a question than a statement.

"I'd like that." Beast boy grinned.

They walked off holding each other's hand and went to play some games. Beast boy in particular was stuck on one game that if you go above 100 points you get a big fat toy chicken.

"How long are you going to play that game?" Raven asked bored.

"Just a sec Rae hold on." Beast boy replied as he for the first time beat the game cheering vigorously.

"WHOO HOO!" He yelled happily claiming his prize.

"Why would you want a chicken?" Raven asked.

"It's not that I want it. It's something that I want to give to you." Beast boy said grinning and offered the toy to Raven.

"I uh." Raven started, blushing and smiling a bit.
"Thanks Beast boy." Raven thanked, smiling at Beast boy and giving him a hug.
He blushed also and hugged back.

They let go of each other and they didn't give direct eye contact for a while and didn't talk for what seemed like forever.
Beast boy then broke the ice.

"Wanna go on some rides now?" He asked.

"Sure." Raven agreed.

The two went on some rides together. Some fast, some slow, some boring and when it was getting dark and the lights on the rides and games turned on making everything look more magnificent, the decided to go on the Ferris Wheel.

The two got on and were silent for a while and when the ride stopped they were at the top.

"The view up here is really beautiful." Raven exclaimed looking around her surroundings.

"I couldn't have agreed more." Beast boy said checking out Raven.

Raven looked at him only to have caught him in his act.

"Not me you idiot." Raven exclaimed shoving him and blushing a bit.

"You know Raven, you look really cute when you blush." Beast boy admitted.

"Ugh, please." Raven rolled her eyes.

"I can prove it to you." Beast boy smirked.

"Sure you can." Raven challenged.

Before anyone could say anything else Beast boy brought his face closer to Raven's face teasing her, causing her to blush.

Beast boy, without any hesitation, kissed Raven.

And he had absolutely no regrets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4/28/17