Zayn

I look at him. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing. Just tired. I guess. Stayed up too late." He responds. So not true.

"Zayn, what's really wrong? You didn't go pick up Perrie. You've been acting moody. And you look like you've lost like 20 pounds." I raise an eyebrow at him. I'm not stupid. He will not hide it from me.

"40 pounds." My jaw drops. Why? How? Why? "if you're wondering, I'll tell you." I grab his wrist.

"Tell me why." I say, my fingers digging into his wrist.

"Ow." He nods down to his thin wrist. I release my grip. "Stress. That's my conclusion. I haven't felt hungry. Perrie and I..." his voice trails off. Something's wrong.

"Perrie and you?"

"I think she wants to break up with me." I furrow my brow. His face is a mask of worry.

"Uh. I don't know a ton about relationships like most girls do. But I do know some stuff. I have an idea." Zayn's listening now. He doesn't want to lose Perrie. "Write a song for her. Lyrics. Rhythm. Everything. She's a singer. She'll love it." I smile. I grab his hand and take him down to the piano room.

"You know we don't write our own songs, right? Kate, we're just talented singers. Not talented songwriters." His eyes are bloodshot. His body looks frail and weak. I think I probably weigh more than him.

"I used to write songs when Louis and I were younger. He actually sang one of our songs on Xfactor. You sing. I'll help you write the lyrics and melody."

"Ok." He runs his fingers through his unkempt hair. He sits down on the piano bench. He starts with a certain rhythm. It doesn't sound right. Then he, out of frustration, plays several notes. It actually sounded nice.

"Wait! Play that again and write it down." A good start. We get the melody down. Now for the hardest part. Lyrics.

"Help." I start asking questions. He starts singing and playing. The lyrics just don't fit. I take off my glasses and set them down on the desk. What am I going to do? I play the melody again.

"Oooh. I think I'm in love..." Zayn mutters. I lighten up.

"Zayn! That was really good!" He smiles. After that moment of enlightenment, everything started flowing. We have one page left in the song and we have probably worked for two and a half hours. Then I hear stomping and shouting. The boys are home. I get up. "Keep working." I smile at him. We're almost done. I look at him. He's been eating more. I hope that's a good sign. His raccoon eyes are gone. In the past two and a half hours he's been looking much better. Even a little bit good looking. I head upstairs to them all in the entrance. Sophia and Eleanor are with them. Sophia is holding Liam's hand and laughing. Eleanor is putting up her coat and talking to Louis. Niall runs past me towards the fridge while Harry comes to greet me. "Shoes off." I say out of habit. He looks at me oddly. Louis never took off his shoes at our flat. I wave my hand aside and he lets it go. Eleanor joins us in the living room with Louis, Liam, Sophia, Niall and a Cliff Bar. Eleanor and I lock eyes.

"Kate. Wasn't expecting to see you here." I hate her guts. I roll my eyes and smirk.

"I am Louis's sister. Eleanor." Everyone looks at us. Liam and Niall meow like cats. Louis comes and grabs Eleanor's hand and they sit down on a love seat. Ooh that girl. Harry comes over and pulls me into the kitchen.

"Careful. Louis is really defensive about Eleanor." Harry says. He looks serious. I smile. Ridiculous.

"Harry, Louis is my brother. I know how he acts. I'll do as I please. But I won't be rude." I say. The last sentence rolls off my tongue slowly. We walk into the room to find Zayn up her. Let the party begin.