Mess 3

"Louis!" I throw the door open. He's still sitting there, only there's a few things different. He's holding hands with Eleanor who has the most brilliant ring on her bony finger. She and Louis are both smiling.

"Oh. Sorry to interrupt. Um, Sweetie, I'll step out and give you two some privacy." Eleanor says, giving me a knowing smile. She kisses Louis then leaves the room, fiddling with her ring.

"Is that what I think it is?" I say, motioning where Eleanor was waiting.

"Uh huh!!!" He runs up to me and picks me up. "You are the most stubborn person I have ever known! Truly! More stubborn than a mule or any other stubborn animal!"

"Uh, thanks?" I say, slightly confused. He sets me down and tells me everything. He starts with how Eleanor comes to his door not long after I left and makes up with him which ends in Louis's proposal and her saying yes. They haven't worked out the details but they want to get married in a little Dutch island off the coast of Venezuela called Aruba. "So I'm stubborn because you guys are getting married?" Louis falls to the floor and starts laughing.

"Also not the brightest. Kate, even though I told you to stop interfering, you did anyway. Which resulted in my engagement to Eleanor. You'll really like her once you get to know her. So are you going to be my manager?"

"What?"

"One Direction's manager." I almost fall off his bed. I stare at him. How did he know about that?

"I was going to ask you if that was okay." He raises his eyebrows at me and gives a huge nod. I smile like a big idiot.

"You should go talk with the guys. I know they'll be excited."

"Well, all of them but Harry." I mutter.

"What are you talking about?" He looks totally confused. I tell him the whole story about what happened and how I said I never wanted to see him again. "You are so extreme when you get flustered. You're even turning red right now." He points at me and starts laughing. I glare at him and he stops. "Anyway, he's the one who suggested you being manager to Uncle Si. I mean, I agreed with him and everything-" I get up and leave the room. I sit down on the floor to the side of the doorway. I feel like crying. Not out of bitterness and despair but out of a sad joy. So Harry really does enjoy my company.

Or did. Maybe I can try to turn things around, but I have to act quickly. I slump down the stairs and find Liam, Zayn, and Niall. They're all smiling knowingly.

"We heard everything!" Liam says, hugging me. Zayn and Niall join in on the group hug.

"So do we have to call you Ms. Tomlinson? Because that would be annoying." Niall says, sitting down on the sofa.

"No, but do you guys know where Harry-" I start to say but stop abruptly. Harry comes in. He turns around to leave but I run after him. "Wait!" I grab his shoulder and turn him around. His eyes are closed tightly. "What are you doing?"

"I'm not seeing you."

"Oh, don't be childish, Harry. Open your eyes." I say. I'm incredibly angry but I try to not let it show. He opens his eyes. What were once soft, bright green eyes that made me feel like melting now are dark, puffy, and emotionless. "Have you been crying?" I say, barely above a whisper. Why would he be crying? I assumed he would be cocky and angry.

"Why?" He snaps.

"Never mind." I say, not wanting him to leave. "I want to say something to you." I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "I am so sorry. I am an extremely overreacting, melodramatic, rude, stubborn, daydreaming, childish, ridiculous, dishonest, stupid girl. I make so many mistakes and fumbles. My biggest fault is my failure to face the facts, which I learned through you. I have to learn to do that and I'm going to start doing it. You've showed me that I'm not as grown up as I thought was or as I should be. From now on, I will accept the facts of life. There's just one fact that I can't accept though. And that's our broken friendship." I bite my lip. There are a few seconds of awkward silence until he embraces me in a hug without notice. I fall into his embrace and start to cry. He pulls me in tighter. "Maybe we can forget all that's happened in the last 24 hours." I muffle through his shirt.

"Definitely. Nice speech." He says. I look up and see everybody else has left. It's just me and Harry. I wipe my eyes with my shaky hands.

"Thanks. So I heard you recommended me for manager..." Once I say that, he smiles and launches into his story.