Art and Perrie

I go and lay down on her couch, exhausted. I've only gotten six hours of sleep for the past couple of days. "Where is your textbook, Kate?"

"You have it." She gives it to me. She takes out some paint, pencils, brushes, and empty paper. "So, our lesson is about shades." Skylar says, opening her textbook.

"Why did we take art?" I ask tiredly. I don't feel like doing it and art isn't going to help me to get a job.

"Fun." she smiles, "I'm going to be an art teacher." She beams, proud of herself. Skylar is the kindest person in the world, but not the most realistic.

"Where?" I ask.

"At a school, silly." She laughs.

"Is that realistic, though, Sky?" I want only the best for her. If she won't be realistic, then I have to be. She shrugs and smiles. We get back to our project. We decided to paint the moon. It starts out as a creme circle on black paper but turns into a cratered, slightly glowing sphere against a black night full of stars. I sigh. My hands hurt and are covered in paint. My clothes are splattered and ruined. I lay down, trying to sleep. That's when my phone dings. I rip my phone out of my pocket, drowsily. It's a text from Zayn.

Zayn

IS PERRIE WITH YOU? WHERE ARE YOU?

I forgot to pick up Perrie! I grab my bag and keys. I walk out of Skylar's townhouse and over to my flat. My car isn't there. It's at the studio, which is 15 miles away. I groan. I pull out my phone and call Sarah. "Yeah, this is Sarah?

"Sarah, I'm at my flat. I don't have my car. I'll explain later. Will you come pick me up?"

"Sure. Yeah. Okay." She hangs up. Ten minutes later she pulls up. I get inside her BMW and lay my head against the seat. I turn on the heated seat and relax. Lucky, luxurious, beautiful Sarah. She probably says the same thing about my being Louis's sister. "Hey, earth to Kate. Time to explain." I explain everything to her and how I need to pick up Perrie so Zayn can reconcile with her and sing her the song he made. I also explain to her that I'm really tired and on edge. I call Zayn for directions and hand the phone to Sarah. I lie back and look out the window and fall asleep, finally.