Chapter 1: The Beginning

I popped my head out of the water. It was another sunny, ordinary day. I was waiting for my friend as usual. Oops, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Reef. And here comes my friend.
"Hey, how long does it take you to get here?" I asked him.
"Sorry, I had to do something." He replied. I rolled my eyes. That's my best friend, Blue, well his real name is Triton, but he hates that name, so I call him Blue. He is my first and only friend, sort of.
"What are you two doing here?" Poseidon asked us. He is the leader of our pod. He is also Blue's older brother. He is named after the Greek god, Poseidon.
"We can't be here, and why can't we celebrate the full moon rising like everyone else?" I asked.
"You two can celebrate with everyone once you get your moon rings." Poseidon replied to us.
"In the meantime, you two meet up with Kahuna for land patrol." Poseidon added. We nodded in agreement, and then Poseidon and his friends swam away.
"We got land patrol, that's the worst job, and we got stuck with Kahuna." I complained to Blue.
"He is not that bad." Blue said. Then we dived under and swam near the shore for land patrol.

"You two are late." Kahuna said.
"You two stay here; I'll go to western part of the island. OK?" Kahuna added. Then he dived under and swam off. Then Blue and I saw a boat come toward the island.
"Hey, how 'bout we tamper with their fishing?" I suggested to Blue.
"We're supposed to scare off the fish so they can't catch anything." Blue reminded me.
"I know that. How bout we pull on their lines and make them feel like they caught something, but they actually didn't catch anything." I said to him.
"I don't know Reef; this sounds like a bad idea." Blue said uncomfortably. But he agreed, and then we dived under and swam toward the boat.

"Want to have a competition to see who catches the most fish?" Barry asked his friend.
"Sure, you're on." Jack said. Then both of them grabbed their fishing rods and baited them and then threw it in the water. That is also the same time when Blue and I got close enough to the boat. I nodded to Blue, and Blue nodded back in agreement. I started to tug on one of the lines. Then Blue grabbed the other line and started to swim off a little.
"Whoa. I think I caught a big one." Barry said to Jack.
"I think I got a big one too." Jack replied. Then Blue and I let go of the lines. The two boys reeled up their lines and saw nothing on their lines.
"They got away." Barry said. The two sighed. Blue and I surfaced.
"Wasn't that awesome?" I said to Blue. He just gave me a stare.
"We could've gotten in trouble. Promise me we will never do that again." Blue nagged.
"Fine." I said, and then I noticed that the boat headed toward the island.
"Kahuna and Poseidon are not going to be happy with this." I told Blue.
"We are soo dead!!!!" Blue shouted to me.
"Alright Blue, calm down." I told Blue.
"How can you tell me to be calm at a time like this???!!!!" Blue shouted again. I slapped him to calm him down a bit.
"Relaxed now?" I asked.
"Yep. Thanks for calming me down." Blue said.
"Come on. We need to find out where they are going." I said to him.
Then we dived under and swam toward the island.

It is now night time. The waters were calm as usual and it was almost time to celebrate. Then on the island, there is a mountain, and there is a pool inside. Then Kahuna surfaced, he looked around and saw two shapes headed toward the pool.
"It's almost time." Kahuna said. Then Blue and I surfaced.
"I can't believe we still have to celebrate in the moon pool." I said.
"Shush, it's starting." Kahuna told us. Then we leaned against the border of the moon pool. Then the full moon started to rise over the island.
"That's weird. A pathway." Jack said to himself. Then he followed the pathway, and then he saw a weird carving in the wall. It looked like a circle with a trident in the middle. He reached out his hand to touch it. He touched the carving and then he fell through the ground.

The ceremony was going as usual until we heard screaming. We looked up and saw a land person fall into the pool. We just sat there and watched him plunge into the pool.
"What are we going to do?!!" Blue asked us. We started to think. But we needed to come up with a plan fast.

Jack woke up on the shore of the island. He was just weirded out of what happened. He went to find his friend so they can get off the island.
"Hey, where did you go last night?" Barry asked.
"Hard to explain. Come on, we gotta go." Jack said to Barry.
"What happened to staying over the weekend?" Barry said to Jack
"This place creeps me out." Jack said while looking around.
Then the two boys headed back home. Not knowing of how his life is going to change.

Meanwhile, at the pool.

"We should've have let him drowned." Kahuna mumbled to himself.
"It was the right thing to do, Kahuna." Blue said to Kahuna. I was brushing my hair, while I was thinking of a plan. I just don't know what to do. This never happened before.
"We can't tell anyone about this." I said out loud.
"What??" Kahuna and Blue said both at the same time.
"Until we can find a way to fix this, we can't tell anyone about this." I added. I knew if Poseidon found out, I don't want to go through his wrath.
"Come on, we are going to find out what happened to him." I said again. Then we dived under and swam toward civilization.

Jack was cleaning his camping equipment and then he went to wash his hands but the water bent out of the way. He looked confused and shocked. He kept repeating the bending of the water and decided to show Barry.
"Hey Barry, I want to show you something cool." Jack said over the phone. Then Barry showed up.
"You want to show me something cool?" Barry asked Jack.
"Yep watch this." Jack said. Then at good timing, Blue, Kahuna, and I showed up.
"What is he doing?" Kahuna said to us.
"I think he is showing his friend his new powers." Blue said.
"We got stop him." I said. Kahuna and Blue nodded in agreement. Then we started to work. Jack started to use his powers and then we used our powers and it looked like he was doing nothing. Mission accomplished.
"Maybe nothing did happen to him." Kahuna said.
"Thanks for wasting my time." Barry said.
"Wait, I can make water bend." Jack said. But Barry kept walking. Then Jack started to mess with the hose and then the hose sprayed all over him and then fell in the water. We watched in horror as we saw him transformed into one of us.
"We are soo DEAD!!!!!" we all shouted. Then Barry turned around and saw Jack.
"You're a fish boy!!" Barry said. We sighed and then we dove under and swam back to Mako.

When we got back to the moon pool we got a big surprise.
"Hi Poseidon, how are you?" I said to Poseidon.
"How can you three let a land person fall into the moon pool?" Poseidon said to us.
"I'm pretty sure nothing happened to him." I lied.
"But still, that is way too big of a risk. We are not safe here." Poseidon said.
"The pod has to leave." Poseidon said.
"Where are we going?" Blue asked.
"No, I mean the pod has to leave. You three are outcasts." Poseidon said. We were in shock.
"Why are we out casted?" I asked.
"Because you three let a land person into the moon pool. He got changed into one of us. It is no longer safe here." Poseidon added.
"You can't do this to us." Blue said to his brother. Poseidon took off his moon ring, and handed it to Blue.
"Here, take my moon ring." Poseidon said.
"I can't take that, it's yours." Blue said.
"You are going to need it since you are out casted." Poseidon added.
"Thank you so much, I'll miss you." Blue said while hugging Poseidon.
"Find somewhere safe to stay." Poseidon said. Then he and his friends dived under and swam off for good.
"We have to go on land." Kahuna said. We stared at him.
"You mean we have to go on land and find him." I asked him.
"Yes. We have to do it. It is the only way to redeem ourselves and to get accepted back." He said. I sighed.
"We have to do whatever it takes to get back home." He said again.
"Alright. What are we waiting for?" I asked