Chapter 6: Jack's Pool Party

Chapter 6 Jack's Pool Party

Jack was watching tv and he heard his phone ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jack."

"Oh hey Heather. How's it going?"

"Alright. How does a pool party sound?"

"What? It sounds like an awful idea."

"It does..."

"Yeah, listen I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I don't want a pool party. How bout we go to the movies instead?"

"No thanks, I'm busy anyways. Go to go, bye."

"Bye." Jack said then he hung up his phone. He sighed.

At Mako.........

I woke up with a yawn. I picked up my brush and brushed my hair. I always wanted to make a new brush. This one is old. I hope Kahuna, well I doubt it, and Blue remember what today is. Today is my birthday. Blue always remembered. I decided to go on a stroll. I put my brush back and dove under. I loved swimming in the ocean, it reminded me of when Blue and I used to swim with the pod. I missed them. Once I swam to Bruce's pool, I surfaced and looked around. I dragged myself out and dried myself. I walked into the living room. I sat down. I saw Neptune sitting right beside me.

"Hi Neptune." I told the cat.

"Did you know that today is my birthday?" I said to him.

"If you didn't know, now you do." I added.

"What's all this racket? I'm trying- Reef? What are you doing here?" Bruce asked me.

"Bruce? Were you sleeping?" I asked me.

"Yes. Answer my question." he added.

"I thought I could stop by. And tell you that today is my birthday." I said to him.

"Wait, today is your birthday?" Bruce said.

"Yes, hopefully Blue would remember." I said to him while petting Neptune.

"Well, happy birthday Reef, and good morning. Now you woke me up." Bruce said while walking to the kitchen. I stood up and left. I walked to the juice bar. I walked in. I saw Cassie cleaning the counter.

"Hey Reef, where's Kahuna and Blue?" she asked.

"Oh, they're still at home, sleeping." I answered.

"Would you like anything?" Cassie asked me.

"Hmm...... I would like a mango and banana smoothie." I said.

"Ok," she said while writing it down.

"One more thing, today is my birthday." I added.

"Really?" she asked me.

"Yep." I said.

"Happy birthday." Cassie said while looking for a cup.

"You know what, I am not going to charge you." Cassie said while putting the fruit in the blender.

"Really? You are so nice." I said. She made the smoothie, and poured in the cup and gave it to me.

"Thanks." I said to her.

"No problem." Cassie said while cleaning the blender. I left the juice bar and decided to take a walk on the beach. I still can't believe it's been over a week since we were outcasted. I saw the ocean, it was a beautiful blue. I can't imagine living without it. Once I finished my smoothie, I walked to the nearest trash can and threw it away. I walked back on the beach. I saw something glimmer in the sand. I walked near it. I couldn't believe it, it was a moon ring. I tried to pick it up but the wave carried it to the ocean. I couldn't let it get away. I jumped in the water. I saw the ring drift off farther in the ocean. I started to swim as quickly as possible to get the ring. I saw it get tangled up in the coral reefs. I swam close to it. I know that some coral has deadly toxins, so I had to be careful. I put my hand in the coral. I picked up the ring. I couldn't believe I found a moon ring, and on my birthday! I put it on my finger so I wouldn't lose it. I started to swim off, until I saw something, something I could not believe. And I'm seeing it with my own eyes. It was another merman swimming in the ocean. I swam to the reefs. I hid myself, so I wouldn't get seen. I watched him as he swam off. I swam out and swam away.

At the juice bar.........

"Barry, Heather wants to throw me a pool party." Jack said. Barry started to choke on his drink.

"Agh!! Ack!! Choking here!!!" Barry said. After that, Barry recovered.

"She wants to throw a pool party, for you." Barry said to Jack. Jack nodded. Barry and Jack walked to Jack's house. Barry saw the pool was decorated and people showing up.

"What's happening?" Jack said to Barry.

"I don't have a clue." Barry answered.

At the juice bar..........

I just sat there looking at the moon ring. It looked like the one Blue has. I couldn't let it out of my sight. I saw Blue and Kahuna walked in.

"Hey Reef, happy birthday!" Blue said while giving me a hug. I knew he'd remember.

"Yeah, happy birthday." Kahuna said while looking away. Blue saw the moon ring.

"Where did you get that?" Blue asked me.

"I found in the ocean, and I saw him again." I told them.

"What do you mean be "him"?" Kahuna asked me.

"When I saw the moon ring, I also saw him swimming." I told them.

"How did he look like?" both of them asked.

"He was tall, he had brown hair, and a blue tail like the rest of us." I whispered to them.

"Are you sure it wasn't Jack?" Blue asked me. I just looked at him.

"Jack has black hair." I added.

"Oh yeah." Blue said.

"Hey, Heather invited me to come to Jack's Birthday Pool Party. I was wondering if you guys would like to come." Cassie told us.

"We would be honored." I told her.

"What?!?" Kahuna and Blue shouted.

"Yes." I told them while giving them the death stare.

"Why?" they both said simultaneously.

"So we can keep an eye on Jack, you boneheads!" I whispered quickly to them.

"Oh." they both said.

"Ok, here is Jack's address. See you there." Cassie said. We left and went to Bruce's. We got ready for the party. Once we left for the party, I saw lots of people in the pool. We saw Jack inside watching tv.

"Hey, Heather, this Reef, Blue, and Kahuna. And Reef shares a birthday with Jack too." Cassie said to Heather.

"It's nice meeting you." Heather said.

"What are you wearing?" Blue said to Heather.

"A bikini, why?" Heather said to Blue.

"Well, what's that?" Blue added.

"You never heard of a bikini before?" Heather said.

"Nope." Blue said.

"Blue is a freaky weirdo, he asks stupid and random questions." Kahuna said while covering his mouth. During the party, Jack never left his room. After almost everyone left, he came out.

"Jack, why don't you tell Heather that you have a tail?" Barry said.

"She won't understand." Jack said. Barry and Jack started to argue. Barry pushed Jack into the pool. Jack surfaced. He saw that Kahuna, Blue, and I saw him.

"Hi." Jack said.