Chapter 8: Meeting Riley

Chapter 8 Meeting Riley

Riley is a strange guy. I mean, what pod leaves their own. That's messed up. We've been outcasted. That is totally different. I wonder what he did for his pod to ditch him by himself. I picked up my brush and trying to get a knot out of my hair. Once I got it out. I woke up Kahuna and Blue.

"Wake up you ninnys!" I yelled at them. They instantly woke up.

"Why did you call ninnys?" Blue asked Reef.

"To wake you up." I told them very simply.

"Meanie." Blue mumbled. I rolled my eyes. We dived under and headed to Bruce's house. Once we surfaced I saw Riley staring at us.

"What do you want?" Kahuna growled.

"Nothing, but why are you three doing here?" Riley said rudely.

"We are here visiting our Uncle Bruce." Blue said to Riley. He snickered.

"There is no way on Earth that you know Bruce, and that you are related to him." Riley told us. I looked at him shocked. How did HE know Bruce?

"How do you know Bruce?" Riley asked us.

"I told you, HE IS OUR UNCLE YOU BONEHEAD!!!!!!!" I shouted at Riley.

"Explain then how come I never SAW YOU THREE IN MY POD THEN!!!!!!!!????" Riley shouted us. Wait HIS pod. BRUCE USED TO BE IN HIS POD BEFORE???!!!!!!?!! We are BUSTED.

"Fine I'll tell you how we know him." I said while admitting defeat. Kahuna and Blue gave me the death stare. I told Riley the WHOLE story. He stood there, looking not impressed.

"So that's that." I finished.

"You three are complete IDIOTS." he told us straight forward.

"We didn't know what to do." I explained to him. He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever." he said to us looking away.

"I see why you have no friends or why your pod left." Kahuna said bitterly. He automatically turned around. Kahuna had just struck a nerve.

"For you information, I did have friends, at least I DIDN'T LET A STUPID LAND BOY FALL INTO THE MOON POOL AND TURN HIM INTO ONE OF US AND HAD THEIR POD LEAVE AND BEEN OUTCASTED AND LIVING ON THEIR OWN WHO ARE HOPELESS LIVING ON LAND WITH THE LAND PEOPLE!!!!!" Riley shot back at us.

"HEY, AT LEAST I HAVE FAMILY STILL WORRYING ABOUT ME!! I DIDN'T KNOW THAT HE WAS GONNA FALL IN AND TURN, NONE OF US DID, AND WE HAD TO SUFFER FOR THAT!!" Blue shouted. I was shocked to see Blue like that. Riley stared at Blue evilly.

"What family could you possibly have?!" Riley said. Wrong move dude.

"I have a brother that gave me his moon ring that could help us find a way to fix this you douche bag and that our whole pod cares for us and misses us!" Blue shot back. I could tell that Riley was fighting back the tears.

"AT LEAST YOUR POD CARES ABOUT YOU!!! MINES JUST LEFT ME OUT TO DIE!!! MY OWN BEST FRIENDS WENT BEHIND MY BACK!! I WAS LEFT BEHIND, ABANDONED FROM MY OWN P-POD J-JUST B-BECAUSE TH-THEY D-DIDN'T W-WANT M-ME!!" Riley cried out. We saw tears sliding down his face. Great, we broke him down. I feel like the douche bag.

"Riley, I'm sorry. We didn't know that you were abandoned. We are really sorry, we didn't mean to upset you" I said with my best caring voice. Riley looked at me. But he was staring at me with pure hatred. I saw tears stains on his face, still crying.

"Sorry? All you have to say is "sorry"?" He asked bitterly.

"I wish we could do more, but we can't bring your pod back or friends." I said to him. He jumped in the water pool he quickly swam off. We were going after him until Bruce walked in.

"What happened here?" Bruce asked. We all got out of the pool and we were sitting in the living room.

"Alright, start talking." Bruce said to us. I explained what happened.

"I see." Bruce said.

"Bruce," I said to him.

"Hm.." Bruce said.

"How do you know Riley?" I asked him. He sighed.

"Riley was once in his pod. The same pod I left from. I saw him wandering town. He looked hurt, fearful, shy, quiet, but angry. I talked to him. He had completely lost his trust with all merman and people. He never talks to his kind, but if he does, he is extremely rude, cautious, and hostile. He later found out that he comes from the same pod as I did. He started to warm up to me. But his trust was broken with me, when he found out that I left my pod. He was abandoned. He refused to talk to me. He tried to build his trust with me slowly. So he wouldn't get hurt again. He told me about his friends. And his pod. He told me about how they abandoned him. He never trusted any other merman again." Bruce explained to us. I feel really bad and awful for yelling at him and about his background.

"Well, I know our mission now." I said while standing up. Kahuna and Blue looked confused.

"We are going to befriend Riley. Even if it kills us. Literally." I said.

"What?! Why?!" they both said in unison. Remember Reef, mingle, don't strangle.

"Because my dear my friends, he has no one. He needs a friend so he won't die alone with creepy cats, no offense." I said to them through my teeth and later shouted.

"None taken." Bruce said. I had to befriend him. He was on his own. And he could help us with our Jack issue. I jerked my head back to the pool. We jumped in and swam back toward Mako.