Chapter 24 ~ Arcade

"Hey... hey (Y/N) wake up" Phil whispered, poking me in the cheek.

"What Phil?" I tried to say but it probably came out as a mumbled mess of a sentence.

"Lets do something" he begged.

"Sure" I whisper, my voice sounding tired. I feel him pull me up off of the couch and I go and get dressed. I decide on this outfit:

"Should we get Dan?" I ask as we leave the flat

"Nah he's tired. I would have asked him to come if he didn't go to bed so late" he smiled as we left. We decided on going for pizza at an arcade. We hail a cab and he teases me about being so bad at Mortal Combat the night before.

I step through the door of the pizza place and the smell of tomato sauce, dough, and metallic tokens fills my nose. Phil and I decide on eating before hitting the arcade machines. As we are eating Phil leaves to go to the bathroom. I started drinking my lemonade when he started walking back. As he gets close, he trips on his own feet. I began laughing so hard that lemonade came out of my nose, causing Phil to laugh super hard.

He returns, and picks the cheese off of his pizza, like I do sometimes. I eat and laugh about wherever the conversation lead us before we went to the arcade. Right when we walked in my eyes locked on the virtual jumprope machine called Jumpin' Jackpot.

Phil noticed where I was looking and exclaimed "(Y/N) vs. Phil". We approached the machine.

"I'm gonna warn you Phil, I am the queen of this game" I brag.

"Well then, ladies first" he smiled smugly. I put the quarter in the machine. "Welcome" the voice said. Before it could continue, I pressed the "2nd coin" button (medium speed). The machine played its little rhyme before the LED line appeared in the circular frame. When the line got close to my feet, I hopped on the censor pad. Every few moments, a letter of the word "Jackpot". The 'T' at the end was flashing when I jumped a little too early, causing the game to end.

"Impressive" Phil said with a smug smile. I put his token in and pressed the hardest speed. I shot him a questioning look and he smiled. "Get up, get down, 'cause its about to go round" the sassy voice on the machine recites and the LED's appear. 

J..A..C..K.. The machine is spazzing out but Phil seems pretty calm, minus his breathing from exercise. 'I can't believe he is doing it'

P..O.. the 'T' is flashing now. He's gonna do it.

T.

There it is. As a ton of tickets spill out of the machine Phil grins at me.

"I must be the king of this game then, if YOU call yourself the queen" he taunts, grabbing the tickets. I roll my eyes. 

"10$ I can get that teddy bear in the far back corner of the claw machine faster than you" Phil smirks.

"You're on Lester"

I go first, slipping in a token. The claw grabs the arm of the bear, bringing it upwards, but then it drops. I let out a sigh.

Phil begins his game. He lines up the claw, checking the front and the side of the machine, and presses the grab button. It lifts the bear perfectly, dropping it in the zone in the front left corner. He reaches in and grabs it.

"Wheres my money?" he laughs.

"D*mn Lester, how are you so good at these arcade games?"

"Its a gift"

We decide to leave after a sleepy Dan calls Phil asking where the hell we were. We get in the cab and Phil gifts me the bear that he won. He is the sweetest thing. Hopefully Dan isn't mad we didn't leave a note.