GZtale x Depressed! Reader 1

You ran through the waterfalls like your life depended on it, not that you were being chased, your sister was pregnant. Sweat was clearly visible on your skin as you jumped over a log.  You held a list Toriel gave you as you panted. You didn't see a skeleton watching you as you reached a shop.

"Do you have any tea? Like, tea that makes you sleepy?!" You asked the owner. "Why yes! That'll be ten g!" You gave the monster the money before running ahead. The skeleton followed before you stopped to answer your phone.

"Hello? ... Yeah! I just got the tea! ... Is she ok?! ... Ganz! Don't freaking scare me like that! ... Yes, you warned me a billion times before I left. ... See ya later." You hung up and sighed. You trotted to different stores before starting to feel like you were being watched. You looked around before a bone was thrown at you.

You dodged it as you gripped your bag. "Uh oh." You sprinted away as you heard metal boots. You pushed yourself to move faster than you ever ran before until an attack hit you at the front. The skeleton stopped to see it was from a(n) (animal) monster.

You groaned before grabbing your bag and trying to pull it away from the monster. "Back off! My sister needs this!" "I need it more than your trash bag sister ever will!" Then a bone fired and the monster ran off. You panted before you groaned in slight pain.

You felt yourself being lifted to your feet. "Are you alright?" You nodded as you checked your bag. "I'm Papyrus." "I'm (y/n)." You then sighed in relief. "Thank the heavens above, everything is still here..." You got your bag on before you clutched your side. Papyrus then placed his hand on your side before it glowed orange.

You felt your side being healed as you blushed lightly at the touch. Papyrus lifted your hand before you checked your health. "Now, I suggest you leave before I change my mind." You didn't take one second more to run to the ruins.

~ Two weeks later ~

You sat against a tree in the waterfalls as tears and bags under your eyes showed your lack of sleep. Your sister died after giving birth to your nephew. Papyrus was walking around when he heard someone yelling in anger. He trotted over to see you punching a tree.

Your knuckles were bloody as you cursed yourself and cried. You stopped punching the tree and just placed your hands against it and leaned against them. "I...I'm so sorry... (s/n)..." Papyrus slowly walked over as you kept crying. "I... I can't take care of Ewan... I..."

You stopped when you felt a hand on your shoulder, you looked to see Papyrus. "What happened (y/n)?" Your eyes sprang tears again as you rested your forearm against the tree. "My sister... died after giving birth to her son..." Papyrus then took your hands into his and saw the bloody knuckles.

"Punching trees isn't going to bring her back." Papyrus stated as he began to heal them. "I know... I just know nothing about taking care of a child... I'm useless..." Papyrus sighed as he brushed his hand against your tear stained cheek. You blushed lightly again.

"You're not useless."