Chapter 36

Zach's POV: (Bet you didn't expect that)

As I was waking up I felt something draped over my stomach holding me tightly. I got freaked out and quickly opening my eyes getting ready to fling whatever it was off of me. I then realized it was a person but not just any person. It was my beautiful girlfriend that I haven't seen in over a week.

I attacked her in a big bear hug holding her as close to my body as I could afraid that if I let go I wouldn't be able to fix all the broken pieces she has hidden inside.

"Oh my gosh Zach I can't breathe!" She said trying to catch her breath. I loosened up my arms a bit and felt her arms wrap around my stomach as she put her head on my chest.

"Baby I missed you so much." I said into her hair before planted soft kisses on it.

"I know Z. I missed you too. I'm so sorry for pushing you away. I just didn't know what to do."

"It's okay. I understand. How's she doing?" I asked gently gliding my fingers through her hair.

"I wish I could said she's doing fine but she's not. She's loosing her hair now. She also can't walk on her own. She's too weak to do anything on her own. I just wish there was something I could do to help but I know I can't do anything but stay positive. But I can't stay positive knowing she's not going to fight her way through this since the tumor was and is still so big. Zach I don't want to loose her." She explained causing some tears to slowly fall down my face. I heard small sobs coming from her mouth as she clutched my shirt with her fist and dig her face further into my chest.

"Hey hey baby please don't cry. I know it's tough right now but you have to be strong. Please. Do it for her. I can't stand seeing you so upset. It hurts me to see you like this." I explain rubbing her back and kissing her forehead. I heard her let out a deep breath and felt her head begin to nod.

"You're right. I'm sorry for getting your shirt wet." She said sitting up and wiping her eyes with her shirt. "I'm gonna go clean up." I nodded and watched as she got up and went to my bathroom. It really does hurt me seeing her like this. I just wish everything was back to normal. I can't stand to see her miserable any longer. I know I can't really make things better but I know I can be there for her and help her when times get tough. That's all I really can do.

------------------------

Lashea's POV:

I walked into Zach's bathroom and closed the door keeping my back against it as I slid down putting my head in my hands. I wasn't crying. I was just thinking. Thinking about everything that has gone wrong in my life. From Joey to Hunter abusing me mentally and physically to Brooke kidnapping me to the cheating to the hospital visits just anything and everything that went wrong. Man my life can be fucked up sometimes. But even though all that happened I still have many great qualities to be happy and thankful for. There's Zach and my mom and David and my sister and many more. I need to be strong for them. Especially my mom. I need to stop being a pussy and be there for her. I need to realize I'm not the only one that this situation is affecting.

After about 5 minutes of me just thinking I finally got up and started washing my face and brushing my teeth with the toothbrush I have here. When I was finished I took a deep breath and looked at my self in the mirror. I smiled and walked out to join Zach back in his bed.

"Thank god you're done! I have to pee so bad!" He said jumping up and running into the bathroom. I laughed aloud and rolling my eyes playfully at his actions. Getting back up out of his bed I walked over to his closet and pulled out something of mine to wear for today.

'Do I need to shower?' I mentally asked myself as I finished picking out my clothes. I smelled my armpits and cringed at the smell. 'Oh yeah.' I thought to myself answering my own question.