1

MIKU POV

I've heard just about everything. Whore. Slut. Sex-obsessed maniac. But the only thing I haven't heard is normal.

I take a step down the pavement road, knowing I won't be able to hide my face much longer. My disguise consists of insanely large sunglasses, and headphones too small for my head. I'm not wearing any makeup, and a book I grabbed from the house of the last victim's house is covering my entire face. I have a infinity scarf tucked around my chin, and hair set in a simple ponytail with a black bow.

A sweatshirt with an MCR logo on the front hangs down over my jeans, but tall cowboy boots prevent it from going farther. I have gloves that squeeze my hands so tightly I swear they'd squeeze off.

Farther down the pavement I go, the more snickering I hear. Everybody can see through my disguises, but nobody can see through my hundred-dollar lingerie.

It wasn't supposed to be like this. I had a well-paying job, a boyfriend, supporting parents, and my dream house. Then, after a freak accident, my Dad passed on, leaving my Mom and I to bid on the money. My Mom was never a gambler, she promised that to me almost every day. But after Dad died, Mom started drinking, and spending all of our money on booze and slot machines. I was only around 14 at the time, and although I was smart enough to make decisions on my own, I was still guilty of letting other's wash on me. When I became a Junior in high school, Mom gave up and committed suicide. I was scared, I had no clue where to go, so I dropped out.

Everyday I think to myself, 'What would've happened if I just had supported Mom? I wouldn't be here today, laying on another man's shoulders just to feel empty inside, or would I?' The words haunt me, in my dreams, in my daydreams. I don't have enough money for a counselor, and I don't have any family. I'm stuck here in this miserable island called Life, and it just doesn't bridge to the island called Happiness.

~Le Time Skip brought to you by Weeaboone Leonard~

I'm too busy in my own thoughts to realise that Gumi has called me. I pick up my phone."Hello?" I ask. "Ugh, thank god you're here, Bigfoot." I grimace. Bigfoot was the name that was given to me by Gumi, thanks to an unusually funny angle taken by her on vacation, that made my feet look huge. "What's up, dipshit?" I respond. "Very funny, Butterfingers. Anyway, the bar across town just opened up from repairs. The bartender is dangerously sexy. So, do you think you could come over. Rin's coming over, so you better get your ass over here." I chuckle, then tone my voice down to the lowest pitch I can. "I bring candy, you bring van?" I say in a deep Indian voice. Gumi laughs heartedly, and whispers to me: "Bring some extra candy. It's a secret."

In a heartbeat I race towards my house, hoping that I'll make it before rain. It's been ages since I've had any fun, and although it hurts, it pays off.