4

LUKA POV

I grip the table as I soar down another shot. "Chug, chug, chug," I hear the guys chanting behind me. Both Gackupo and Kaito cheer as loud as they can when I give them the signal that all alcohol is down. They scream so loudly that I silence them by shoving my foot dangerously close to their crotch under the table. 

Kaito gives the bartender a hands up to get another shot. I flash them both a confident smile without nudging the fact that I have a terrible headache. The bartender strolls over, his tired clothes dripping over his chest. He's a blonde with bright blue eyes and a baby chin, though he has bony cheeks. "Hey, hot stuff," I say involuntarily. I guess that alcohol ain't doing much for me. The bartender groans and walks away. "G'night to you too," he says.

I'm about to say sorry when I hear footsteps behind me. "And for your information, he ain't hot stuff, he's my twin brother." I spin around in an attempt to shoo the girl away, but I'm too slow and I don't notice her casually walk away. "Hey, have you guys seen the girl that was behind me?" I ask the boys, but they're too busy rolling on the floor with laughter after what I assume was a joke pointed at the sandy blonde prostitute sitting on the other side of the bar. 

I sigh, a year out of high school, and here I am in a newly opened bar with two mindless idiots sprawled all over the floor. I feel like walking out, until I spot the sandy blonde making her way towards us. Her hands are tied up in fists and her legs are so stiff the floor almost cracks beneath her.

She reaches down and lifts the boys in the air single-handedly. She gives me a death stare, and walks away with them as if they were dogs on a leash. I could care less about the boys, but I'm greeted with glares with a table near where the blonde was sitting. 

A girl sitting at that table gives me a flashy smile, but the other two give me disappointed looks. Flashy-smile girl almost roars with laughter when I give her a confused look. She has short green hair and orange tinted glasses pulling her bangs away. She's wearing a bright green baggy tank top, with an orange raincoat cut off at her belly button. She's wearing a short tangerine-colored skirt that's about as thin as her body stature.

The other girl, with short pure blonde hair, is wearing what looks to be a large hoodie, with black and red patches that stretch to her knees. Her blonde hair is tied in pigtails, with a large white bow behind them.

Then there's another one, this time a blue haired goth who's bright colorful pigtails fall to the tip of her lower torso. She has a black MCR hoodie on that covers up ripped jeans with knee high boots. 

It honestly surprises me that I haven't seen these girls before. They look like they just threw a birthday party and a funeral at the same time before getting here. They're a pink elephant in a dark, desolate, depressed room.

Sandy Blonde gives me another look before shoving both boys in a closet. I rest my head in my hands and give all my power not to weep. Today has been complete crap, and now I'm going to have to deal with a trigger-happy prostitute.

Before I know it, almost ten minutes have passed, and when I lift my head, almost everyone is gone. Even Sandy Blonde, though I do have a suspicion about her just "having fun" with the guys. My eyes turn to the other side of the bar, and I see all three girls laughing. One turns her head, it's Flashy-smile. Her smile echos across the bar's oak floor. I shift my position in my seat to get a better look. Flashy-smile gets up from her seat, and bounces towards me. 

"Hi," she says with an almost-sarcastic grin. "I'm Gumi Megpoid. Friendly neighborhood witch at your service." I hear a loud voice coming from the back of the bar. "Are you sure you didn't mean 'friendly neighborhood bitch'?" I'm taken back from the fact Gumi smiles at this joke. If I was there, I would've stomped back there and kicked the bartender. Now, who really did make that noise? 

"Uhh, nice to meet you I guess." I stutter out. I veer my head over Gumi's shoulder to see the other girls. One gives me eye contact, it's the teal-haired emo. "Say your goddamn name," she says, rolling her eyes. I shift back in my seat. "Luka Megurine," I say, trying to be bold and clear, but instead it sounds like I just lost a fight with an ant.

Teal-emo gives me a grumbled stare. "Fine, good enough," she says through gritted teeth. "Rin, how 'bout you," she instructs. Sassy-attitude gives me a good look-over and steps towards me. "I'm the person who told you to shut up about my retarded brother, Len," she says with a sly frown. "I heard that!" I hear from the back room. Sassy walks over to me, and uses her phone as a flashlight to light up what seems to her as pitch-black darkness. "I'm Rin Kagamine. I have a college degree in fucking keeping it real," she says, resting her elbow on the adjacent chair. Both her and Gumi lose it laughing, they can't stop howling.

I switch my attention to the last girl, Teal-emo. After giving her some positive feedback, Teal-emo gets out of her seat, and stretches her arms. After a minute or two, she takes a couple steps towards us, and she grimaces. Her eyes glow with black fury, and I almost instinctively grab a butter knife for self-defense. She fixates her eyes on me, and solely on me alone. "I am...

...Hatsune....

...Miku..."

"My name is Hatsune. Hatsune fucking Miku"