12

LUKA POV

I slam the coffee on my desk with a grunt. My suit wrinkles as I lay my head in my sore arms, tired. The screen flashes with messages but I'm too lazy to read them all, causing the hard drive to shut down all together. 

The office is overflowing with people, some young, some old. Papers make their way into the trash, slowly and surely. I wish I was a paper, being free to fly wherever the wind would want me to take me, instead of ending up at a boring office job destined to work my ass of for the rest of my life. I wish I could send messages without the weakened feeling of defeat knowing that they'd know my past, what I am. I wish I was able to backpack my emotions and take them anywhere without telling anyone what I really thought about her. The girl. The one ten years ago, with the bright blue pigtails and the happy smile. She was in my dream last night, her eyes the same color with same breathtaking sparkle as the day I first met her. Except this time, she was all grown up. She still had the same baby face and the same long blue ponytails, she was just---older. She looked about thirty, and she had a child with the same blue hair as she had before. I was happy, she had found content in a family unlike me. But then I see another woman, this one with long pastel pink hair right next to the blue pigtail girl. And then they peck each other on the cheeks, and I see a family of three with sweet dreams and smiles. I hear a loud noise in the background, sorta like a satanic chant. It screams loudly, and vibrates. It sounds like a dying robot. I'm about to scream "DUCK!" when I feel a soft tap on my shoulder.

"Um, Luka-san? Your phone is ringing," my office mate, Ruby I believe, informs me. I groan and reach over my arm to answer call.

"Um, hi, is this Luka?" a voice I've never heard before calls. "Mhm-mhm," I respond tired. "It's your father Luka. Luki's in the hospital. We need you in ICU now."

~Well, then, that's an interesting ending! Sorry I haven't been updating, I've been sick. I DID finish up school, so I'll be updating more often. The next chapter will be longer, I promise!~