15

LUKA POV

I stand up quickly. I feel like I want to run away from this miserable trashy life. Miku's right behind me, her ponytails flapping while she runs with me. 

We arrive at the room after surgery to see a tired Luki, his eyes barely open. His pink hair is whiter than usual. I grab his hand while he tries to breathe. For the first time in forever, my brother is weak. I toss his hair around just to see his eyes, his gray eyes, the same eyes that comforted me when I felt depressed, the same eyes that cheered me on when I felt alone, the eyes that made me see the good in the world.

I remember doing this years ago when Mom was on her deathbed during chemotherapy. I felt like I wanted to die. And I was doing it again. With another loving person. With another one.

Tears leak out of my eyes as the world stirs to a stop. Luki opens his eyes to us, Mom, Dad, Miku. He chuckles. "Sis, is this your girlfriend?" I start crying. "Yes Luki, yes she is." Luki laughs, every breath he takes a cliffhanger. "Well then, you take care of Luka," he says to Miku. He then shifts his focus to me. "Every cut you took hurt me. Every step you took healed me. Please Luka, take care of Mom. Dad too, if he's not here. Even Jerry. He still deserves to be loved. Everyone deserves to be loved." I choke on my own tears. He lifts his hand to my chin. "I love you, little sister." His hand then falls to the bed spread, his eyes shut forever. I hear the last few sounds of the brain monitor. 

The world stops spinning, and my heart too. Dad is screaming at the nurses to do something, Mom is covered in tears, and Miku is right beside me. I'm still holding Luki's hand.

He's not dead.

He's still in our backyard dancing.

He's still making fun of my clothing choice.

Luki's here. I know it.

Several hours pass, although it feels like years. I get up and walk out of the room. I walk to the hallway, and start sobbing. Uncontrollably. Miku gets up and sits next to me, comforting me. "I'm sorry Luka," she says after several moments of silence. "I've lost a family member too. Both of them to be exact." I look at the tealette. She's not lying. "I mean, you know about my father but-." I smile through tears. "Miku, it's fine. I don't care about the opinions of other people. You should too. You should've told me earlier." Miku tightens up. "I dunno, it felt weird after we kissed, and had sex. Do you really care?" I sigh. After a while of silence, Miku pipes up. "So, did you really mean it when you said I was your girlfriend?" I chuckle. "Would I tell my brother lies while he's on his death bed?" Miku laughs. I laugh. 

Everyone who I met, they all were loved. Gumi, Sandy Blonde, Rin, her hot bartender twin, Gack and Kaito, Mom and Dad and Jerry and Luki...

And Teal-emo. And I would love her even more than anyone else.

Miku grabs me by my shirt collar and kisses me passionately. "Don't ever let go Luka." Miku says. "Don't ever stop being my sweet devil."

"You too," I respond.

"Don't you ever stop being my sweet devil."

THE END

~IT'S OVER YES. But not really over. I'm going to make another book about these two later, and it will be a follow-up to this book. And just to clear some things up-

»Luka does know Miku's a sexless prostitute. (Reactions will be explained)

»Luka nor Miku have come out as gay, although they are comfortable with the lable.

»The jacket shall be explained later. (As in backstory, future, etc.)

The second book will focus mainly on Miku's and Luka's gay relationship in the real world. (Sorta like Magnet but fluffier) Until then, I wish you all a happy reading, and a wonderful night!~

                                                                                                                                                    -Nyanya182